4th time FLM rejectionist seeks FLM place (+Boxing Day Info)

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

4th time FLM rejectionist seeks FLM place (+Boxing Day Info)

Postby Neil Gunn » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:05 pm

Hi all

Does anyone know how I register my interest for the club FLM places normally 'drawn' at the Boxing Day Handicap (BHD) - I'm asking after my 4th rejection in a row ... and on that subject, is the BHD running this year?

Thanks

Neil
Run for your life!
:-)
Neil Gunn
Elite athlete

Postby Beneficial Dictator » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:43 pm

Yes, the Boxing Day Handicap will be on all as last year ie. Mike Nelson & myself organising. Again as last year - there will be No prizes ( so you don't need to bring any ).
All Details will be posted on the Forum under a dedicated post linked from the main club website in Mid November.
All prospective runners will need to register there intention to run by posting on the forum or email to the organisers. Otherwise they will be bound to receive a truely appalling start time & have to run faster than Paula Radcliffe would be able to not finish last !.

As to London Marathon places draw, again all as in previous years.
Any paided up club member can throw their rejection slip in the hat for the draw of places.

Cheers & see you all Boxing Day morning !.
Craig. Club Chair ( Comfy )
Beneficial Dictator
Elite athlete

Postby Neil Gunn » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:42 pm

Hi Craig - thanks for the info. I (and a number of friends) will watch for the BHD post and get our names down - it wouldn't be a good Boxing Day without that run and a drink afterward!

I'll also bring my rejction slip along (if I can find it) so I can try and get an FLM place through the draw.

Thanks again,

Neil G
Run for your life!
Neil Gunn
Elite athlete

Postby Jon » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:57 pm

Hi Neil,

Could I check if you are still OK to help marshal at Langley 7 on Saturday? We have your name down and just need confirmation. I will be at the Langley Village Hall from around 12 - I will be handing out bibs and directions probably from around 1-1:30.

Cheers

Jon
Jon
Front runner

Postby Neil Gunn » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:39 am

Hi Jon

Yes - I'll be there at one o'clock to get my instructions.

Thanks
Neil
Run for your life!
Neil Gunn
Elite athlete

Return to Road Running