EDALE SKYLINE

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

EDALE SKYLINE

Postby BARRY BLYTH » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:07 pm

I don't think my calf muscle will allow me to do this after an easy jog/walk yesterday (it puffs up and goes tight). I've checked with the organiser Jim Fulton and can download a form of variation to substitute an entry (cost is £2) but needs to be sent off friday pm . I'm seeing a physio friday 2.0pm but don't have much hope. I think I'll not have to run for 2+ weeks to allow it to recover properly.
I know a few were disappointed at not getting an entry. Would those wanting an entry let me know. May put it to Benedict to choose as it's one of our champs races.

Barry
BARRY BLYTH
Elite athlete

Duddon Race

Postby kilpatrick » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:13 pm

Barry, will you be fit to have a practice on the Duddon Fell race in April ? I'm going up to the Lakes 2nd-4th April and will probably have a run around the course on Wednesday 4th April. Andy Skelhorn is up there as well and fancies a jog. If you're fit and doing Duddon let me know and I'll see you in Seathwaite.
kilpatrick
Plodder

Postby Julian Brown » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:30 pm

Barry have a word with Mike Nelson, he was keen for a skyline entry when we were around win hill on Sat, might not have been as keen by brown knoll...... mind you he'd had to put up with me for 10 hrs by then.
Julian Brown
Elite athlete

Postby Justin Gutmann » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:56 pm

If Mike or anyone else doesn't want it then I'd be interested. It is the only one I failed to get into
Justin Gutmann
Plodder

Postby BARRY BLYTH » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:06 pm

Will confirm Friday re entry allocation.
Dave, I had seen your/Andy's Lake District outing and am planning to be flexible as am in Ireland over the w/e 31st March ,back in Macc on the Monday 2nd. I may/may not have done the Irish race on the sat. Wed 4th sounds good.
BARRY BLYTH
Elite athlete

Postby Mike Nelson » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:39 pm

Barry,

I'm keen for an entry for Edale, however if Justin or others also want to run the fairest thing would be to pull a name out of the hat and post the winner on the forum.

Mike
Mike Nelson
Plodder

Postby BARRY BLYTH » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:58 am

I've just tossed a coin as there's just Justin and Mike. Mike won.

Mike can you get a substitution form off to Jim Fulton tomorrow as he's that he gets it by Friday! The form is down loadable from the Dark Peak (Edale Skyline) lweb site
BARRY BLYTH
Elite athlete

Postby Julian Brown » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:29 am

Hi All,

This is the Macc H entry list for the skyline - I wouldn't mind betting at least one or two aren't actually going to run :( :( - so if that's you - or if you know someone isn't going to run - perhaps you could post on here and give Justin and any others a run out. :lol: :lol:

Cheers Julian

David Walker
Philip Barnes
Barry Blyth
Julian Brown
Pete Coppack
Ewan Douglas
Digby Harris
Craig Harwood
Phil Janaway
Ross Litherland
Trevor Longman
Jon Tatham
Brian Macfadyen
Julian Brown
Elite athlete

Can't make Edale

Postby Digby » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:21 pm

Hi
Just received confirmation I have to travel for a meeting the day of Edale so my place is available. Justin - do you still want it?

Digby
Digby
Elite athlete

Postby Justin Gutmann » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:49 pm

I'll take it Digby, thanks- I've got your number

Justin :lol:
Justin Gutmann
Plodder

Postby BARRY BLYTH » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:57 pm

suggest you e mail Jim Fulton as well as sending the substitutes form as the entry list is "final" by sunday and he said needs to receive forms by
Friday.
BARRY BLYTH
Elite athlete

Another spare entry

Postby philjan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:12 pm

I've missed too many weeks training so I'm offering my place to someone if its not too late to substitute.

email p h i l j a n (at) w i r r a l w a y (dot) u - n e t (dot) com

Phil J
philjan
Plodder

Postby BARRY BLYTH » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:41 pm

Just had this e mail from Dark Peak including "more time" to substitute runners:

Dear Runners

1) The trains are not running on the Skyline day- There are engineering works on the line and a bus service will replace the normal train times. Please allow more time if you were planning to come by train

2) If you are dropping out and have a replacement runner from your club-> Please use the form on the Dark Peak web site and send it in ASAP as we are closing the list to change on Monday.

3) If you are dropping out and have no replacement please email Dark Peak to offer you place to a reserve runner.

4) Please car share on the day. Edale is small and friendly. Please try not to make it congested and upset! The final list will be up by Tuesday. Please look at the names and if you can, get a lift to the event.

Have a good weekends training

Richard

mailto:info@darkandwhite.co.uk
http://www.darkandwhite.co.uk
BARRY BLYTH
Elite athlete

Postby Beneficial Dictator » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:27 pm

Good to see last night that organisation of a bit of car sharing / lift offering was going on last night ( Wed ) in the Pub. Brian MacFadyen is taking his people carrier over with several folk. I am pairing up with Ewan Douglas & possibly Mike Nelson -not spoken to him yet, so there is room for one more. Put a post up here or better give me a call 07940 952881. Cheers. Craig.
Beneficial Dictator
Elite athlete

Return to Fell Running