Club Fell Championship

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Club Fell Championship

Postby Colin Ardron » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:04 am

I'd like to commend Craig for again masterminding the compilation of races for this year's club fell champs. Phil set the standard in past years.
Assuming that fell runners read this (can they read?), then how about they get their studs into gear and run as many of these races as possible and make it a truly competitive season?
It's good to see that the spirit of "true" fell running lives on in the inclusion of two of the great classic races, both of which deserve our support, namely the Wasdale and the Duddon. God (and knees) willing, I hope to be at both.
Finally, I am seeking support from anyone who agrees with me that John and Barry should be banned from all club championship races, purely on the grounds that they frighten off younger runners (and that's before they even start running!).

yours bletheringly

Colin Ardron
Colin Ardron
Elite athlete

Postby thebunyans » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:54 pm

Anyone planning to do Wasdale will need to get entries in pretty quick as there is a 250 place limit. Bit silly for a national championship race?....
thebunyans
The Boss

Postby thebunyans » Wed May 18, 2005 1:21 pm

Does anybody know the formula that Craig applies to the scores to "age adjust" them. I found various tables referred to as "WAVA", but all these are particular to a distance.

I'd like to build the formula into the spreadsheet for the championships such that the positions reflect the corrected scores (that's if people admit to their ages of course...)
thebunyans
The Boss

Return to Fell Running