Night Street League Orienteering - Knutsford 14th Nov

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Night Street League Orienteering - Knutsford 14th Nov

Postby Clare GVS » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:14 am

MDOC proudly present the second in their winter series of fast suburban map thrashes, this time in Knutsford. All are welcome - see below for details of what is involved. Email address (to request maps) is towards the bottom of the post.

Clare

Dear All,

Following on from John Britton’s successful season opener at Romiley last night (thanks John!), we now offer you: Round 2!

It’s based at the Angel Inn on King Street in Knutsford on Thursday, 14th November.

Post code: WA16 6HQ

OSGR: SJ752787

There’s no parking at the pub itself, but there is plenty of off-street public parking nearby, which is free after 18:00.

· If you’re coming from the North or West, recommended parking is on the west side of Tatton Street, WA16 6AG

· For traffic from the South or East, recommended parking is on the east side of King Street, WA16 6DX. NB King Street is one-way Northbound.

... but there are plenty of other parking opportunities which might suit.

The Angel Inn is a Holt’s pub, so the price of a pint is pretty reasonable – and tonight there were four real ales to choose from J. [Yes, time spent in reconnaissance is seldom wasted!]

There’s an extensive menu, with a ‘2 for £12’ offer on a wide range of main courses: meat, fish, or veggie; and salads, omelettes or burgers.

Alternatively there’s ‘a burger and a drink’ offer at £7.75 – that’s a choice of burger with skinny fries and coleslaw, and the drink can be: a pint of draught beer, a 175ml glass of house wine, a draught soft drink, or a standard hot beverage. Pretty good!

And what of the orienteering?

Well, the style of map will be familiar to those who’ve tried this before. It’s at a scale of 1:12,500.

The 55 controls (all typical NSL controls) have been carefully selected (from a long list of 133) in locations that will tantalise and tempt, all carefully and constructively checked by Kate and Dave Bryant (to whom thanks).

And there is a small and subtle twist to the points allocation, which...

...no, sorry, I’ve said too much already.

Grahame will be back next Monday (from a weekend of orienteering in Rome!), so I’ll ask you to forward your requests for maps to him, also indicating if you might want to eat: nsl2013@mdoc.org.uk

If I’ve left out any important info, please let me know.

Also, if you’re thinking of bringing a coach party...

Hope to see y’all on the 14th!

Cheers

Ian
Clare GVS
Front runner

Return to Fell Running