Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Postby thebunyans » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:50 pm

Provisional car assignments...

Martin - John, Dave, Digby
Matt - Phil, Stephen, Neil, Brian, Craig, Andy
thebunyans
The Boss

Postby thebunyans » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:15 pm

Ha Ha! Take a look at the weather forecast!
thebunyans
The Boss

Postby phil cheek » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:42 pm

looks like Macc harriers weather.let`s be clear...NO retirements.
By the way as far as i know there has never been a record of a 180mph wind in England even at sea,where winds are usally much stronger.
fun fun fun

phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby david tucker » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:47 pm

I think a pertex could be in order, just enough to keep the breeze off.
david tucker
Elite athlete

Postby thebunyans » Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:56 pm

Well we all survived, and I think everyone enjoyed it (apart from Craig who was still suffering from his excesses at the Friday night club do...).

Congratulations to Digby and Andy on losing their "Tankys virginity".

The very strong winds didn't quite materialise (up to 80mph had been forecast), but they were bad enough and slowed progress in a few places. The strong winds kept the clouds off the tops, so in the end the visibility was very good which made navigation relatively straight forward.

Stephen Watts and Neil King seem to have "discovered" a good trod on the top of Bleaklow that seems worth checking out.

Stephen Watts was first home (13th) with Ross Litherland (about 16th?) and Neil King 21st. Finishing order after that was: Digby Harris, Dave Tucker, Phil Cheek, John Bunyan, Brian MacFadyen, Craig Harwood, Andy Skelhorn.

Thanks to Martin and Matt for the excellent road support. Don't thin kwe have ever had anyone cooking bacon butties at the Snake before...
thebunyans
The Boss

Postby phil cheek » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:26 pm

Thanks Matt,great support starting with an offer of tea at 6.45 in the leisure centre car park.
Matt,could you see if there is 1 black North Face glove in the van pls,I`ve lost 1 that was in the van at Marsden but didn`t get worn.
Well done all for seeing thru a tuff run with 100% finishers,& we should give a mention to Catherine,another Trog virgin who finished soon after John Bunyan & I looking as though she could have gone round again!
There were some runs out there today which could form the basis of a winter`s BG training......you know who you are!

Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Tanky's

Postby Stephen Watts » Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:07 pm

Many thanks Matt and Martin for driving and the support. I think we were all very luck with the weather - it could have been a whole lot worse given the forecast. Pertex was fine in the end and Phil, the trail shoes proved to be an excellent choose, although I think I was probably carrying around a little more water than I would have done in fell shoes. Excellent race, and almost worth the £10 entry. Well it all goes to a good cause - the skiing holiday, I understand!
Stephen Watts
Mid pack runner

Postby Beneficial Dictator » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:53 pm

BIG THANK YOU to both Matt & Martin for the support driving, we quite simply couldn't have done it without you. 100% club member completions - well done to all. Possibly my worst run ever but I finished!. Having thrown up on route in the race I managed to do so again on Sunday evening then didn't eat for the most part of Monday. Probably more information than the forum needs. Hopefully my running form will return soon or am I just trying for a generously early start time in the club handicap race. Somehow doubt that Phil will fall for that one!. I look forward to seeing everyone at Common Barn Tea Rooms on the 17th.
Beneficial Dictator
Elite athlete

Postby Mr Turnip » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:05 pm

And here was me thinking that once the event was over we would have heard the last of it. Well how wrong I was; - not satisfied with hogging the forum for what seems like the last 6 months, we now have to put up with all this self congratulatory "ooo look how well we did" load of boodle. And then as if that's not enough we are presented with a list of excuses as to why BenDic had a bad 'un. Well you should have taken the proclaimed TurnipSeltzer at the first sign of alimentary distress. I keep trying to tell people but they just won't listen.

ps I would have done the event myself but was on emergency standby for a soup run that weekend.
Mr Turnip
Mid pack runner

Postby Beneficial Dictator » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:38 am

Dear Mr Turnip, you are such a Wise Oracle, what would we all do without you. My jippy tummy may have been caused by excessive consumption in my pre race turnip-loading regime. Anyway I'm off down the chemist now for the medication you have suggested. I am humbled and apologise for excusing my below par run. Maybe a case of - Those who can do, those who can't simply dictate to those who can.
Beneficial Dictator
Elite athlete

Previous

Return to Fell Running