Fell Running At The London Marathon

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Fell Running At The London Marathon

Postby Beneficial Dictator » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:25 am

Just in case folk have overlooked Tim Stocks post on the Website home / front page. There are 4 club granted places up for grabs in the London Marathon 07 and any paid up club member ( not just road runners ) can be entered in the draw for them. This is done after the Boxing Day road running handicap race which starts from 11am ( from memory ) near the St. Dunstan Inn in Langley village. Anyone who wants to be in the draw but can't attend let me know and I will see your name goes in the hat etc. Anyone who wants to do the race, its hilly roads about 3.5 miles. I am not absolutley sure on the stats because I have never run it but marshalled at the finish which is bedlam with 50 folk all finishing at once!.
Cheers. Craig Harwood. 07940 952881
Beneficial Dictator
Elite athlete

Postby Julian Brown » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:55 am

I think you're supposed to have been rejected though.

Whether that's rejected from the London Marathon ballot, or just rejected generally, I'm not sure - for instance I was turned down as fashion correspondent for Cheshire Life - would that count ?

Craig – are you sure there were only 50 doing the London Marathon ? – I thought it was bigger than that.
Dashed inconvenient for them to all arrive at once though.
Julian Brown
Elite athlete

Postby creakyknee » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:03 pm

Interesting to discover there's fell running at the London Marathon. Do they have fleets of slurry spreaders going ahead of the field to lay down a suitable surface? Work gangs to replace the cobblestone bits with proper rocks? Does the route now go through the Thames? Up Parliament Hill? Is it in the Club Champs? Answers please BenDic!
creakyknee

Postby Beneficial Dictator » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:06 am

Yes of course Julian is correct you do need to have had your entry rejected and its your rejection slip that goes in the hat. Just shows what I know about road running!.
Beneficial Dictator
Elite athlete

Postby mudskimmer » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:19 pm

What hat - you need a hat to run the London Marathon ?
mudskimmer
Elite athlete

Return to Fell Running