Weekend away in April 2017

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Re: Weekend away in April 2017

Postby Dan Croft » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:31 pm

Entered!

Myself and Andrea shall be 'Waltzing'. I'm going to wait till next year for Teenager.....
Dan Croft
Plodder

Postby broon69 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:15 am

broon69
Front runner

Postby Julie Gardner » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:43 am

Just bringing this topic back to the top. No entry lists are out yet, but they usually appear a couple of weeks before the events.

The bunkhouse is full with:- Mark S, Julie G, Den M, Gillian L, Andy S, Graham B, Emma B, Neil C, Dave T * and Dave W *

* not running

In addition to the above I know that Andrea F, Dan C, Claire G and Kath T have entries to either AW or TWA, but have made their own accommodation arrangements.

Is there anyone else out there who is running? Saturday night and car share will be addressed a bit closer to the date.

Julie
Julie Gardner
Mid pack runner

Postby Julie Gardner » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:42 am

Entry lists are on the website. There are 13 Harriers out of 410 who are doing the Anniversay Waltz and 5 Harriers out of 165 on the Teenager with Altitude race. Couple of names missing though Kath Turner and Andy Skelhorn, maybe me, but I thought you both had entered one of the races.

I am away until next Wednesday then away again until the following Wednesday. This maybe a little late to cover any small points for the people staying at the bunkhouse. Sleeping bag or liners are required, ample parking, Wi-Fi available and change for the shower cubicle (not certain what it takes, will find out). Travelling from Keswick on the A591 SE from Keswick, after about 5 miles take 1st left after junction with B5322. Barn is after about 100m. Those who know the Lakes know that there is a shortcut before hitting Keswick around Threkeld area and signed St John's in the Vale...I think.

Firstly, does anyone volunteer to drive..maybe 3 cars going up Friday evening? Secondly, I will cook a chilli etc for Friday night and with extra money made will buy bread, bacon, eggs and wha ever I can for Saturday morning. The farm does breakfast, does anyone want breakfast on Sunday morning or drive into Keswick for breakfast? Very open to all ideas and suggestions. Saturday night?
Julie Gardner
Mid pack runner

Postby Emma » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:51 am

I'm happy to drive up but will probably work something out with Den and Gillian - who ever drives will probably have room for another 1 or 2 people. I think there was a problem with the website Julie, some people's details have been left off. They've asked for details to be resubmitted, mine and Dens age catagories were omitted!
Emma
Plodder

Postby Julie Gardner » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:14 pm

I have left a message with the owners of the bunkhouse asking if they would confirm what coinage is required for the showers. I think the days of 20p showers are in the past.

Neil C is not going now and Trevor L's taken his place at the bunkhouse.

Since there was only one response to Saturday night etc I have gone ahead and reserved us a table for 10 at the nearby King's Head, Thirlmere. A mere 1/4 mile from where we are staying. There is a posh restaurant and a bar restaurant, I have booked the latter for 8pm and said we would arrive about 7.15 to 7.30pm It is a Jennings pub and there is Cockaloop/hoop, Snecklifter, Jennings Bitter plus Banks Bitter and Marston EPA....like I know the difference!! I am waiting for the pub to email me a menu. Everyone running that weekend is invited to the pub - please let me know so I can amend the table reservation.

Car share seems to be coming together.

Julie
Julie Gardner
Mid pack runner

Postby mark stanbridge » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:25 pm

Seems a silly question but do they give you a map at the start with your number or do I have to print one of and bring it with me as part of the kit? just having printer problems.
mark stanbridge
Plodder

Postby BARRY BLYTH » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:44 pm

They don't provide one with your number although they may have some available. Best to have one with you. I'm sure someone else can print one off if your printer's not up and running.

Barry
BARRY BLYTH
Elite athlete

Postby Julie Gardner » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:00 pm

Andy Skelhorn and Graham Brown are still looking for lifts. Graham anytime after 15.15. Can anyone help?
Julie Gardner
Mid pack runner

Previous

Return to Fell Running