Postby Fletch » Wed May 24, 2017 7:00 am

Hi Brian

Simon and I are intending on being there
Fletch
Plodder

Re: Maytime Scampero - Orienteering, Wed 24 May

Postby Andy Ardron » Wed May 24, 2017 8:23 am

Hi Brian,

I'm also planning on taking part in this tonight.

Cheers
Andy
Andy Ardron
Plodder

Postby BARRY BLYTH » Thu May 25, 2017 9:21 am

And well done on your win last night Andy. Also to Clare for her run and orienteering talent.

Thanks to Brian for organising this pleasant low key event and his troop of helpers (Dave, Julie and John).

Barry (1st Green team with Trev)
BARRY BLYTH
Elite athlete

Postby Julian Brown » Thu May 25, 2017 11:22 am

Cheers Brian and all for another jolly jape round lesser visited places.... with an excellent turnout and a pleasant evening !

Should you feel the urge to go round again, the map and clues are here...

http://www.mh.k313.com/mh/fell/ScamperOFinal2017.pdf

http://www.mh.k313.com/mh/fell/ScamperOquestions2017.docx
Julian Brown
Elite athlete

Postby Colin Ardron » Fri May 26, 2017 10:53 am

Would normally have done this - favourite area - but still nurturing dodgy ankle - one step at a time - Park runs are about my distance at the mo. Maybe Shutlingsloe on Monday?
Well done Andy - it's always gratifying to see the pupil putting the teachings of the Grand Master into practice. :lol:
Colin Ardron
Elite athlete

Postby Brian J » Sat May 27, 2017 12:29 pm

Congratulation to our winners - Overall winner Andy Ardron, 1st woman Clare Griffin, First Mixed pair Fran and Steve Swallow, First male pair Tom Grimes and Rob Hasler, first pair in matching Tshirts Trevor Longman and Barry Blyth etc.....
I hope that Julian will be able to put the results on the website in the next couple of days. Here is my accompanying report -
A lovely mid-week evening to be scampering around Gradbach. Everyone seemed to enjoy the event and plenty of alternative selections of controls were made.
I made one or two small errors, like not getting the right points values on a couple of controls on the questionnaire listing. However, the higher values on the map prevailed.
I have bumped up Jo and Julian’s score by a point as the Chapel date was not that clear and a 9 could be taken for a 7.
Together with a few mountain bikers we managed to fill the car park so perhaps it’s good that the Scamper-O remains a low key event.
Many thanks to my beautiful assistants on the night – Dave Tucker, John Mooney and Julie Gardner. Also thanks to Julian for printing the maps.
Particular thanks to John Mooney for donating some nice mugs and beers + yet another T shirt for Barry, Mr.M70 himself.
Also thanks to Luda and the staff at the Rose and Crown for being so welcoming – an excellent venue for the prize giving. It finished off a fun evening in a very sociable way, and we managed to maintain the fell-running tradition of idiosyncratic prizegivings which are not common in orienteering.
Congratulations to all of our winners and remember – Points mean prizes. Well they do in the case of all but one prize-winning pair – Julie and Simon.
Brian J
Front runner

Previous

Return to Fell Running