Wednesday and Sunday Runs?

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Wednesday and Sunday Runs?

Postby mudskimmer » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:35 am

It may be just me - but it's impossible to find any info on Sunday & Wednesday runs on either the forum or FB. I know there are alot of races and it's coming into holiday season, but last Sunday there was no 'club run' & there didn't appear to be one last night either for those who weren't competing in a race. Additionally, there have been some queries on FB about the 'intermediate fell runs'. Like I said -it might be just me, but does anyone out there know what's going on. What used to be organised pretty well, I believe, has begun to fall into disrepair.
mudskimmer
Elite athlete

Re: Wednesday and Sunday Runs?

Postby mhlewis » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:54 am

Hi Mudskimmer,

The below article is third down in the list when you click on the menu item Fell>Fell articles from the MHAC website homepage. It covers the Wednesdays but not the Sundays. We will ask Julian to make it sticky at the top of the Fell Forum. As for Facebook, can you stick it up there?
http://www.macclesfield-harriers.co.uk/index.php/fell-running-mainmenu-26/fell-articles/1692-fell-runners-wed-nights-summer-2017
Sundays, I believe, are organized ad hoc by willing volunteers :) so let's see what they come back with . . .
Matt Lewis
mhlewis
Elite athlete

Postby HeyJude » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:50 pm

Hi Mudskimmer

The Sunday runs are still on the forum. There wasn't one posted for last Sunday as Tucker was away and he usually takes responsibility for arranging, posting and leading them. Thank you Dave !

Jude
HeyJude

Postby Julian Brown » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:39 pm

Best place to look for Wed nights is the calendar - second item under the 'fell' tab....

http://www.macclesfield-harriers.co.uk/index.php/fell-running-mainmenu-26/calendar

.. but there's also a 'sticky' thread on the forum....

http://www.k313.com/mhforum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4003&p=21614#p21614

The Sunday runs, as I think most regulars probably know, are organised on an 'ad hoc' basis usually by Mr D Tucker on a Friday evening or therabouts, and posted on this forum. If however Dave is elsewhere then the system tends to fall apart a bit.... which might be a bit off-putting to those who've not run with us before / or often on a Sunday.
I don't run Sundays more than a couple of times a year, but I think the regular Sunday folk would rather have this system, than a calendar planned weeks / months in advance - and it's really their call.
Julian Brown
Elite athlete

Postby BARRY BLYTH » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:09 pm

Dave asked if I'd do it in his absence but there were a lot of people doing various races including myself on sunday the Kindet Trog. It would need a leader to post.
Barry
BARRY BLYTH
Elite athlete

Postby mudskimmer » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:59 pm

It's very confusing for newcomers. There's either over communication or none at all. For clarity it might be a good idea for Sunday runs if the person responsible for organising that week posts even when their isn't an organised run.
I'm conscious of the fact that if I was new to fell running then for the last couple of weeks there has been no information with regard to 'club runs'.
Luckily I've been around long enough to know where to look for information - but not everybody wants to go hunting around for it.
mudskimmer
Elite athlete

Return to Fell Running