Bamford - Macc JK relay recce run

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Bamford - Macc JK relay recce run

Postby Emma » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:28 am

We've finalised next Saturdays route for the JK memorial recce and there are a couple of changes. We will be starting from Bamford Station which is the next station along from Hope. The train gets in at 08.42 from Manchester. This time it will finish at Pot Shrigley at the Brickworks But there will be further recces to finalise leg sections etc. There will be a pub stop at the Lamb Inn on the Hayfield Road, thats roughly about 2/3rds of the way along. Its a good joining point for those who don't want to do the whole length. I estimate we will be moving at about 4 miles an hour, so will probably reach here about 13.00 and refuel etc. There is another meeting point at Furness Vale level crossing which I estimate is about an hour away from the Lamb. I will take my mobile phone if anyone wishes to join us I can give you an idea of our whereabouts. Fingers crossed the weather will be kind! Please bring enough fuel and kit to cover all eventualities on the Fells and a headtorch - I suspect the last bit will be in the dark! My number is 07803562545 - see you next Saturday at Macc Station at 07.00hrs!
Emma
Plodder

Return to Fell Running