2017 Fell Handicap Start Times

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Re: 2017 Fell Handicap Start Times

Postby BARRY BLYTH » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:30 pm

Ran from my house in Tytherington to Shutlingslow via Kerridge Ridge (met up with Kevin Good), Teggs Nose and Macc Forest. Returned via Charity Lane/Forest Chapel. Snow not a problem although there were a few drifts however the wind high up on Teggs and Shut was so good decision to defer the event. Took a few photos:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hof0MnXt4PvhdMpK2

Barry
BARRY BLYTH
Elite athlete

Postby mhlewis » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:28 pm

Nice photos! I especially like the one with the spindrift - that captures the essence of the day. I bet your hands were cold taking that!
Gillian Lindsey and me went round the handicap route, closely followed (unbeknownst to us) by Geoff Pet. Julian had gone round by himself a little earlier, and we saw them in the St Dunstam with Brian and Trev. A smaller celebration than the Full Handicap post-race debrief, but very welcome. Other handicappers were Tom W and Rob Gittins (20-min penalty for missing the sweetie tree), Robbie, Carl, Stefan, and Simon (8 am start!) and Mark Burley. Looking at the Strava traces has given me some ideas for sweetie-tree route variations.
Matt Lewis
mhlewis
Elite athlete

Postby Julian Brown » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:22 pm

Glad everyone had fun and got back in one piece. Aboyt a dozen did the route I think.
Quite chilly on the tops in the wind but not bad at all in the right kit, and I hate being cold!
Saw about 6 people all the way tò teggs top, then hundreds and hundreds out sledging !
Took 3 attempts to get out of the dunstans, each time I got up another runner or two would appear. The landlord was pleased not to hsve to get up at 8am this morning, and incidentally they are doing a special offer on leek and potato soup for some reason.
Hope a date can be sorted for a rerun, but the first few weekends of the new year are pretty busy !
Julian Brown
Elite athlete

Previous

Return to Fell Running