Scamper-O Wed 23 May - Latest!

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Scamper-O Wed 23 May - Latest!

Postby Brian J » Tue May 22, 2018 5:19 pm

All seems set fair for a very pleasant evening - good weather, good company and good competition.
We hope to have enough maps and should have some printed in the grand myopic scale.
There will be more than enough points on offer, some high scoring ones at greater distances for the headbangers and plenty not too far away for newcomers and strollers.
Parking in lane alongside pub, so we don't clog the pub car park.
Registration opens 6.15pm in pub car park.
Enter in ones, twos, threes or mobs. Dogs on leads - birds and lambs. Everything on public rights of way.
Pens - Bring something to write the answers to the questions on the clue sheet.
I don't think we will need to enforce the full waterproof rule tonight.
Prize giving in the Robin Hood afterwards.

Helpers - Phil Cheek, and John Mooney + Tucker and Trevor who hope to be competing as well. Many thanks to all

The above, in italics posted 23 May

I am just putting the final touches to the planning, so that the maps will be ready for tomorrow evening.
It looks like good weather so you will have some wonderful views off Kerridge ridge and see carpets of bluebells in the Harrop valley, if they have not wilted away yet.

Food at the Robin Hood - they stop serving at 8.30pm and last orders go to the kitchen at 8.15pm. As this is a 90min score event starting at 7pm competitors who wish to maximise their points totals will have to forego a meal in the pub afterwards.
However, the landlady says she can lay on a few plates of chips for when we are in the pub and I will try and organise this before the start. See me at registration where I will be taking a straw poll to assess Chips demand. Please contribute to the cost. Otherwise, I am not getting involved in money. It's free to enter.
Maps - A lot of people would like large maps. Perhaps we will have large maps for all. I will check this with Julian to see if this is practicable.

Tucker tells me that he is suffering from some dyspepsia or other and as a result he will not be climbing onto the podium this year.

Looking forward to seeing all you Scamperers very soon.
Brian J
Front runner

LOST COMPASS

Postby John Mooney » Thu May 24, 2018 7:42 am

Someone left an amber coloured Silva compass at the event last night. I will be taking it to the (equally well-organised) Polly Lander event on 13th June if somebody wants to reclaim it?
Ghost Runner
John Mooney
Plodder

Re: Scamper-O Wed 23 May - Latest!

Postby BARRY BLYTH » Thu May 24, 2018 8:57 am

The Shorts are fine John.

Thanks Barry
BARRY BLYTH
Elite athlete

Return to Fell Running