Scamper-O Wed 23 May - Winners!

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Scamper-O Wed 23 May - Winners!

Postby Brian J » Fri May 25, 2018 10:08 pm

I have produced the results and a report on Weds night's orienteering. Hopefully, it will find its way onto the website fairly soon. In the the meantime here is an extract from the report -
"Matt was 1st Man and the overall winner with 22 points. Rachel and Angela running as a pair were the 1st Women with 19 points. First Mixed pair were Fran and Steve Swallow with 21 points. An excellent performance. Fran must have had to drag Steve round as he did the Old County Tops last weekend.
In the M70 duel both Barry and Tony got the same number of points but Barry got his in 20 secs less time and therefore claimed the prize of a pair of demurely styled running shorts. I don’t think that Running Bear owner, Tony, who must have thousands of pairs of shorts, would have appreciated them as much as fashion criminal Barry and his fellow club members.
I am thinking that we should have a Walter Mitty prize for those who do not compete, except in their heads. If we had had one this year then the prize would have gone to Tucker. After careful analysis of the map he concluded that he would have got 27 points and been the winner by a margin of 5. Matt, you should challenge him to a head to head at the next MDOC event."
I hope there are not too many inaccuracies in the results but I have had very little time to dash them off. I go up to Scotland tomorrow finishing up on Harris for this year's LAMM. I might see Harrier competitors in Uig where I will be in the meet, greet and parking team before competitors board the ferry. I have had a sneak preview of the map and control sites and all I can reveal is that it looks like being a real classic.
BJ
Brian J
Front runner

Return to Fell Running