Summer Sunday Runs 2018

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Summer Sunday Runs 2018

Postby david tucker » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:52 am

Tucker is away for the next 2 months of Sundays so a bit of ad hoc deputising is necessary to keep them going! I have drawn up a list (below) of proposed venues for each week until the 19th August. These could be discussed at Wednesday evening runs to confirm the venue (or alternative), find a leader and he/she publish confirmation and venue details on the forum and Facebook.

All runs start at 9.30
24th June Gradbach - Car Park GR998662
1st July Blaze Farm for an earlier run or Langley Fete Fell Run 2.30pm.
8th July Hazel - Upper Derwent Valley. More details to follow
15th July Mam Nick Car Park
22nd July Clarence Mill, Bollington.
29th July Roaches Tea rooms
5th August Nelson Pitt, Poynton
12th August Flash Bar Stores
19th August Standing Stone Car Prk, Macc Forest

Please step forward to plan a route and lead each weeks run.
Last edited by david tucker on Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
david tucker
Elite athlete

Re: Summer Sunday Runs 2018

Postby Hazel » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:29 pm

As we're into summer how about one or two different venues - 8th July Glossop, 22nd July Hathersage. I'm happy to come up with routes and lead.

The other Sunday one or two of us were discussing having a Sunday run from the Upper Derwent Valley. This is a stunning area made up of reservoirs, woodlands and high moorlands. Along the valley floor are the reservoirs where the dambusters practised (the dam walls and towers themselves worth seeing) and up on the moorlands there is the largest landslip in England. I think it's one of the most beautiful areas in the Peak District and well worth a visit. If you would be interested please post, and I can lead a run up there on one of the above dates, or as an extra one, say 5th August. To make the most of the area, it would probably be a slow run with plenty of stops to look around that would take at least 3 hours.
Hazel
Elite athlete

Postby Den » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:16 pm

These sound good Hazel, and I'd love to do Upper Derwent run. July would be better for me. Pretty please!!
Den
Plodder

Postby baz67 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:51 am

i would love to do Derwent also. July is my preference too.
baz67
Plodder

Postby Hazel » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:50 pm

As July has been favoured, on Sunday 8th I'll lead a run in the Upper Derwent Valley. I'll post further details when I get back from holiday on 30th June.

Can someone put this on Facebook please plus my other post about Sunday runs. Ta
Hazel
Elite athlete

Return to Fell Running