WED NIGHT RUNS

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

WED NIGHT RUNS

Postby BARRY BLYTH » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:49 pm

Have been discussing with the Browns (Julian, Graham), Steve Swallow and others about venues and how we might get more consistence attendance. In the summer months (light nights) it's quite good to go further afield and several weeks are taken up with races. In the "winter" (Oct to Mar) we have decided to fix the venues such that 1st Wed of each month is Trentabank; 2nd Wed the Poachers; 3rd Wed the Robin Hood and the 4th alternates between the Ship Inn Wincle, the Church House Sutton and the Vale Bollington. I've reflected this in the Facebook and Website calendars. This leaves the odd 5th Wed to sort out.

We are also trying to ensure that there is someone to lead faster and slower groups. Bearing in mind that when it's dark some of us prefer to do a road run.

We have a few regular volunteers to lead groups but could do with more for when regular leaders can't commit. So if you know you are attending and are happy to lead please advise in advance. I think it will make "novices" more confident to "play" if they know they will be looked after.

Let us know your thoughts.

PS Since updating the calendar I've been getting plenty of notifications as to whether people are going or not. Don't need to post that you are not going but useful to know if you are so we can plan groups.

Cheers Barry
BARRY BLYTH
Elite athlete

Return to Fell Running