Club LAKES GRAND PRIX SERIES

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Club LAKES GRAND PRIX SERIES

Postby BARRY BLYTH » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:14 pm

The final race Dunnerdale, just 5mls but with a lot of climb at 1804ft, had a turnout of 8 despite clashing with the Roaches. Mark Burley was first harrier followed by Kevin Good. The overall winner of the series was Kevin, Mark was 2nd and Tom Whittington 3rd. Gillian Lindsey was 1st lady just ahead of Ann-Marie Jones with Kathleen O'Donnell 3rd.

The highlight of the series was the club w/e in April with 29 harriers racing in the Anniversay Waltz/Teenager with Attitude plus supporters.

Would like some feedback on what we do next year in terms of a club w/e and races to include. Maybe rename "Further afield Series" or Lakes GP plus and include Shropshire/Wales. Ideas please. I've attached the final table.

Cheers Barry
Attachments
2018 LAKES GRAND PRIX SERIES after Dunnerdale.xlsx
(41.77 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
BARRY BLYTH
Elite athlete

Re: Club LAKES GRAND PRIX SERIES

Postby mhlewis » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:38 pm

Hi Barry,
I think it would be great to add 1 or 2 Wales races and one Shropshire race. As only Kevin managed to get the qualifying 4 races in 2018, I guess there is no harm in expanding the options?
Thanks, as always, for all the statistical work . . .
Matt Lewis
mhlewis
Elite athlete

Re: Club LAKES GRAND PRIX SERIES

Postby BARRY BLYTH » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:11 pm

I've mailed a number but may have missed some:

My thoughts for next year are to have a 3 Sub series (ca best 5 from 8) ie Winter series Jan/Feb/Nov/Dec (all 2019); the summer Wed Night series; a further afield series (expand, or modify the Lakes GP) and other locallish races as this year. I envisage ca 40 races in total with all to count for the overall champs probably best 10 inc 1 Long. Happy to add extra races by request during the year where there are a 5 or more harriers.

We also had a great attendance for the w/e in the Lakes at Anniversay Waltz/Teenager with Altitude. Would be good to do the same again. Presume AW/TWA are not on for 2019 so maybe Fairfield Horshoe 18/5 same w/e as Old County Tops and Glamara. I'll let others ponder that (Julie?).

Cheers Barry
BARRY BLYTH
Elite athlete

Return to Fell Running