TRANSVULCANIA 2019

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

TRANSVULCANIA 2019

Postby Tom Whittington » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:20 pm

Calling all fell runners...TRANSVULCANIA NEEDS YOU!

Or perhaps you need it?

Either way 11th May 2019 several Harriers are going to be on the island of La Palma for TRANSVULCANIA! This is an incredible event that crosses the volcanic hills of the Western Canaries. Tom Whittington & Rob Gittins are doing the Ultra, Mark Burley is doing the Marathon (presumably so that he is still able to run on the other 2 days we are there) and there is also a Half marathon and Vertical Km - something for everyone!

Nothing like a club outing and we would love more people to join us! The temperatures in La Palma that time of year will be warm and dry, but not too hot. Its tapas for breakfast and rioja for elevenses. Julie Gardner has done it and has very positive feedback.

Travel details:
We're arriving on Thursday 9th via TUI from Manchester. Leaving Monday with diff airline (not booked yet).
Staying at H10 Taburiente hotel nr airport for duration. Race buses collect/drop to the hotel for start/finish.
For more info please message me, Mark or Rob - I'm not often on this forum, but you could send me a text of FB message (07968 550304).
Tom Whittington
Mid pack runner

Return to Fell Running