Club weekend away to Lakes 14/15 Sept

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Club weekend away to Lakes 14/15 Sept

Postby Tom Whittington » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:20 am

Weekend away to Patterdale!

There's some fine fells around the top of Ullswater, so whether you want to run, walk, ride, cafe, or swim there are plenty of options. Its also home to the Hodgson Relays, held a few weeks' later, so we'll be offering some reccying of the route and some navigation training to anyone that wants it*. Then on Sunday some of us will be nipping over to Borrowdale for Dalehead Fell Race (a Club Champs & High Fell Series race). Dalehead is a short race so feasible for anyone who hasn't ruined their legs the day before, plus its an entry-on-day.

What you actually spend the weekend doing is ultimately up to you. The intention is to make the it as inclusive as possible: *more sedate activities are available!

While its not until September,we all have busy lives and commitments, plus the early bird catches the hostel! Nothing like January to plan the year ahead (I know I have!).

Please have a think and let us know if you would like to come so that we can work out accommodation options and get it booked in.
Tom Whittington
Mid pack runner

Re: Club weekend away to Lakes 14/15 Sept

Postby mhlewis » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:22 pm

Hi Tom,
Sadly, that weekend clashes with Groovy Kinder Love, a local AL that I want to support, so no can do.
Any other weekend . . .
Cheers,
Matt
Matt Lewis
mhlewis
Elite athlete

Re: Club weekend away to Lakes 14/15 Sept

Postby Spence sivewright » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:13 pm

Hi Tom,
Originally I replied that I could do this weekend but unfortunately I am unable to come now. Sorry for dropping out. Spence.
Spence sivewright
Plodder

Return to Fell Running