Sunday Run 27th January 2019

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Sunday Run 27th January 2019

Postby david tucker » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:26 pm

8.45 Lyme Park, Disley, SK12 2NR.

And now for something a bit different for a Sunday run! The Lyme Park 10k. This event is organised by the National Trust and run monthly around the grounds of Lyme Park. It's non-competitive and you can register on arrival or just join in. A bit like 2 Saturday park runs in one go! Details below:-

"Registration is at 8.30 - 8.50am in the Boiler House located in the Timber yard area near to the main car park. The run starts promptly at 9am. We don't officially time the run, so if your time is important to you please remember to bring your own timing device".
There’s the option to run it as a “race” or just run comfortably round as a group!

D Group Macc Harriers in Lyme Park.

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/events/e74b0ecb-9bf1-4276-b8ee-2400ff3766d5/pages/details

I previously posted this run for December 16th but it was cancelled by the NT due to high winds! So here is another attempt to have a go at it.
I believe normal admission charges officially apply for car parking for this event, so group up preferably with someone who has a National Trust membership card to get free admission. I have a spare card that will get a car load in. However at the time we arrive its unlikely that there will be anybody on the gate so entry to Lyme park should be free.
Meet at Tucker's if convenient to car share for a 8.15 departure. Otherwise meet at Lyme park about 8.45 ready to run at 9.00.
The cafe opens at 10.00 so a post run cuppa is a possibility.

Enjoy your run.

david tucker
Elite athlete

Return to Fell Running