Changes are afoot on Fell Wednesdays, be you fast or slow…

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Changes are afoot on Fell Wednesdays, be you fast or slow…

Postby Tom Whittington » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:17 pm

Having listened to feedback we are improving the offer for Wednesday night fell training by introducing leader rotation and increasing the variety of sessions, levels and locations. Most importantly we want to make sure we are appealing to new or slower runners who may be intimidated by lycra clad stick insects that run off into the night. I know I am! So we will have two runs planned each week to provide a slower and faster group. Please give it a go!

There are also plans to return to some amazing places just off our doorstep, like Kinder and Edale, when the light allows. These runs may be a little longer (time wise), but at a slower pace and are aimed to be team runs for all to enjoy.

We also plan to have several introduction to fell running sessions and hill reps. There is always the walking group too, who are usually based from the same venue. Throughout the summer there is the usual busy mid-week race series (April to August) and orienteering events in May, June and December.

Details each week will be posted on Facebook/forum by Monday night. The venue calendar will be posted ASAP.

Any questions, suggestions, or if you want to get more involved please let me know. Cheers, Tom
Tom Whittington
Mid pack runner

Re: Changes are afoot on Fell Wednesdays, be you fast or slo

Postby Hazel » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:54 pm

That's fantastic Tom, well done everyone who have been involved in decision making. Having two groups again is really good news and pleased to see that we will be going further afield some Wednesday evenings. I'll now feel more confident in coming out again Wednesday evenings.
Hazel
Elite athlete

Re: Changes are afoot on Fell Wednesdays, be you fast or slo

Postby bollygill » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:10 pm

Thanks Tom (and other involved in planning)! Echoing Hazel's comments, sounds fantastic and hope to rejoin you soon on Weds once injury heals.
bollygill
Mid pack runner

Return to Fell Running