Fell Weekend Away – ANOTHER UPDATE!

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Fell Weekend Away – ANOTHER UPDATE!

Postby Tom Whittington » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:12 pm

Hi all,

A lot has happened in five days. It will come as no surprise that as all Macc Harriers events are suspended the fell club weekend has to be 'officially' cancelled. I imagine that most will decide not to go anyway.

Having pondered (and somewhat pained over) what to do I have concluded that the best option is to move the entire booking to the first weekend in September (4th&5th September). Hopefully far enough away that we are clear of the disruption.

I appreciate that some may decide to travel next weekend anyway (unless we’re fully locked down by then), or that some are not available for the revised date. However, I wanted to give us the best chance of being able to have this group outing at some point in the year. September rates are more expensive than March, but I have negotiated with the YHA to provide us with the same rooms for the same rate – where it should have been an additional £17 per person. This was only possible by moving the booking in its entirety. I also suspect that lots of people will be looking to move bookings to later in the year and it seemed wise to act decisively and efficiently.

You will appreciate that managing a booking for 24 people in multiple rooms is complicated. With everything else going on you I hope you will forgive me not identifying the specific opinions of everyone concerned and instead tried to get a workable solution. There can be no refunds, however it might be possible to transfer your place to someone else if you can’t make it. We’ll worry about this nearer the time.

For those who booked to the YHA separately you will need to change your own booking I’m afraid, but I hope you can still join us in September. If anyone else still wants to travel next week note that you no longer have lodgings, but clearly the YHA now have lots of beds available should you wish to make your own arrangements! Yes, unfortunately that will be an additional cost. Sorry.

Apologies that it has come to this. Hopefully we now have a weekend in September to look forward to and I will ensure there are a variety of options for people to choose from.

Tom
Tom Whittington
Mid pack runner

Re: Fell Weekend Away – ANOTHER UPDATE!

Postby neilclarke » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:16 am

thanks for all your efforts and hard work Tom....much appreciated by all.
neilclarke

Return to Fell Running