Snowdonia 3 Day Mountain Marathon 5th, 6th & 7th May 07

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Snowdonia 3 Day Mountain Marathon 5th, 6th & 7th May 07

Postby Beneficial Dictator » Tue May 08, 2007 12:50 pm

Well I now have very sore feet but had 3 great days completing this low key excellant event. I was not the only Macc runner, Mathew Kowalski - Hicks also succesfully completed.
Highly Recommend for members attention in future years especially now it is included in the runfurther.com Mountain Marathon Race Series.
The event has always been in the Lake District previously but this year as a celebration of 10 yrs of the event it was in Snowdonia. Joe Falconer the organiser of the event also ran himself, for the first time, having handed planning of the route over to his team of helpers.
Results are not yet available as the laptop they were using expired on Sunday evening !.
Beneficial Dictator
Elite athlete

Postby matt kowalski hicks » Tue May 08, 2007 1:35 pm

i have to agree with Craig. There aren't many multi day events which don't require the carrying of all of your kit, which makes for some great mountain running. Showers and a pub are also welcome distractions from the usual campsite chores. According to a fellow runners altimeter, we made about 25,000ft of climb in the three days! However, i think it was all a bit much for some, with only about 50 finishers out of 85 on the start list
matt kowalski hicks
Front runner

Return to Fell Running