Digby's BG - 20th/21st July

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Postby Steve Swallow » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:29 pm

Digby

Keen to support - possibly 2 legs depending on logistics

As I mentioned we're all in the lakes staying at Tilberthwaite (nr Coniston) from the Friday. Easiest for me would be to support last leg but keen to do 1st and 2nd though wouldn't have transport from Dunmail.

May be able to provide floor space if anyone needs somewhere to sleep Sat morning?

Cheers Steve
Steve Swallow
Plodder

Postby Digby » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:00 pm

Thanks Ross, I'll put you down for legs 2 and 3 unless you do want to do the whole lot if there are enough navigators and supporters? If you do then let's stagger our starts with you, being the quickest, going first!! The Boss has put a link to my schedule above somewhere.
Cheers, Digby
Digby
Elite athlete

Accommodation

Postby Digby » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:33 pm

Just to let you know that accommodation is tight in Keswick on the 20th/21st because of the convention week - if you want a B&B best get booking!

Digby
Digby
Elite athlete

Postby david tucker » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:14 pm

A report from Greg, live in Keswick is telling us that the Town is invaded on the weekend of Digby's BG, the 21st/22nd July by the religious convention people. This annual pilgrimage has the effect of bed blocking all the accommodation in Keswick thus leaving the rest of us who want to roam God's hills without a bed to return to. Those of us who believe in the power of prayer can gain solace from the fact that they will be praying for good weather so this may reward Digby and the team with a wonderful 20 or so hours. But do be aware you may not be able to book accommodation as expected and anyway getting B&B in Keswick is a nightmare at the best of times!
david tucker
Elite athlete

Postby matt kowalski hicks » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:00 pm

would love to come and join in but have got commitments then. Also need to be able to run faster than julian as i haven't paid my subs yet.

just done nearly all of the running legs at this years heb challenge (about 50 hours running) so feeling more able to keep up with you guys
matt kowalski hicks
Front runner

Postby Northern Chris » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:20 pm

Digby
Be warned Polly will be out on the last leg and she's putting a song together especially for you!
Northern Chris
Mid pack runner

Postby phil cheek » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:47 pm

Digby,
BE REALLY SCARED......IT`S NOT ALL OVER IF THE POLLYLADY SINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby thebunyans » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:35 pm

Updated schedule....
thebunyans
The Boss

Postby kilpatrick » Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:28 pm

Digby, I'm happy to support you on Leg 1 and be road support too. When I spoke to Ian Hughes last week he thought he'd be able to help out on the road too. Also, have you got the time sheet for Leg 3 ? Hopefully, I'll see you in Edale later.
kilpatrick
Plodder

Arrangements update for supporters

Postby Digby » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:38 pm

Thanks to all those who have agreed to help me out on the day.

A (not so brief) update for you - I will shortly send the Boss the final version of the schedule plus phone numbers of most of those supporting to post on this site. If you want me to e-mail you a copy then pl. text your e-mail address to me at 0771 749 7640.

Regarding travel to/from the Lakes and in between legs, pl. make your own arrangements. Dave K & Ian H have kindly offered to provide road support at all crossings, except Wasdale, and will be able to taxi c. 3 people back to their cars. It is probably a good idea to discuss this with them in advance if you need a ride.

Regarding catering, I am planning on making food and drink available for supporters at the road crossings but please make sure you bring what you need with you for the hill.

I have not made any arrangements for accommodation so you will need to sort that out yourselves. I'm not sure if Warren is coming up and if his house will be available.

Regarding saftey, there will be quite a few supporters on each leg and there is a risk of people getting separated from the group, especially in bad weather. Please make sure that you are self sufficient and capable of getting yourself off the hill safely if you do become separated. Each person should have a map and compass and know how to use them!

Please note that the Threlkeld meeting point will be as per Dave K's BG (i.e. on the road just south of Blencathra before you get into Threlkeld).

Finally, the post run venue will be the George at 7.00pm.

Any queries then give me a call (0771 749 7640). I'll also be at the pub next Wednesday.

Cheers, Digby
Digby
Elite athlete

Postby phil cheek » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:46 pm

Those running out of Wasdale don`t forget to book your "club hut" accommodation & Friday night supper at the Gosforth hall.

Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby thebunyans » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:31 pm

Final? schedule, but with phone numbers too.
thebunyans
The Boss

Postby thebunyans » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:07 pm

Digby - I've just left you a message - I need to pull out of supporting this w/e as I've got a strained calf muscle from Holme Moss and can't really risk it.
thebunyans
The Boss

Postby phil cheek » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:18 pm

Digby,
Will we see you tomorrow,i`d like to pass some kit over to go to Annette`s.
Other supporters finishing at Wasdale might want to pass a bag to go Annette`s so your nice & warm,dry & fragrant after your shower & breakfast(there are some compensations for being woken at 2AM & sent up a hill in the dark!)
Wasdale-Honister runners don`t forget bAnnette needs to know who`se staying & how many to book supper for at Gosforth Hall.

Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Road support

Postby kilpatrick » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:32 pm

i won't be out tonight [wed] but i will be out on thursday for the forest five. so if you need to see me to clarify arrangements for getting you and your gear around during digby's bg, i'll be in the pub after the race.
kilpatrick
Plodder

PreviousNext

Return to Fell Running