Dave kilpatrick`s BG

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Dave kilpatrick`s BG

Postby phil cheek » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:42 pm

Dave et al,
Dave,do you want annette to do road support at Wasdale so that whoever is doing your road support avoids the long drive from Dunmail?
If so you`ll need to get anything you need by way of kit(fresh shoes & socks,change of shirt etc)to my house by Wednesday of this week or arrange that someone staying at Annette`s on the Friday brings it up for you.Any food requirements Annette can buy next week if you let her know what`s wanted,or again someone can bring it up on Friday.
Any supporters running in to Wasdale may want to leave a bag of clothes at my place as well...by Wednesday of this week.
Finally who is planning to stay at the club hut(aka Annette`s house)on the Friday night?

phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Wasdale support

Postby kilpatrick » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:37 pm

Thanks Phil, I'm sure there will be takers for your offer on behalf of Annette. Yes, if Annette could do my road support, same place as Mike's last year that would be great. Having spoken to some of the Wasdale team at the Boar's Head I think that Tucker could be the designated driver, although I suspect that Pete Coppack will have his car there too. There will be others who need a lift out of Wasdale [Andy Skelhorn, Dave Parry, Ross Litherland] round to Honister. Me and Phil Janaway will clarify things this Wednesday.
kilpatrick
Plodder

Wasdale changeover

Postby kilpatrick » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:21 am

Phil,I'll be sending my spare kit and food up to Wasdale with Tucker on Friday night.
kilpatrick
Plodder

Postby david tucker » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:33 pm

Below is the current view of the crowd who are going to Wasdale Friday evening after the start in Keswick:
Steve Swallow
Brian Mac.
Trevor Longman
Julie Fletcher
Pete Coppack
Bill Hitchins
David Tucker
The cars going round to Gosforth are Steve's and Julie's but Julie is driving hers out on Sat to meet up with Nancy, so that leaves Steve's car to be driven out, preferably I believe to Honister.

Part of the reason for this communication is to check with Anette that we can all chill out on her floor Fri night in Gosforth ready for the start next day? Is this OK Anette?

I like the new spell check facility on the forum John! Very useful.
david tucker
Elite athlete

Postby Franswallow » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:49 pm

Contrary to suggestion on Wednesday night I will unfortunately not be able to leave work early on Friday so can't drive anyone to Keswick and Gosforth. Will likely get away between 4.30 and 5.00

Would still like to meet up and stay at Annettes if possible and am happy to drive to Wasdale in the morning. Will get Mike Nelson insured to drive my car out.

Any chance of directions to Annettes and maybe an idea of where we could meet up?

Hope this doesn't complicate plans too much

steve
Franswallow
Mid pack runner

Postby Northern Chris » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:02 pm

Dave
From speaking to Phil he said you had a full squad from Dunmail to Wasdale. Is that so? I'll probaby do Wasdale to Keswick then as I've a friend up who is planning to have a go in August.
As regards Annettes, if more rooms required the could be some room at the Annex.
Cheers
Chris Cripps
Northern Chris
Mid pack runner

Postby phil cheek » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:59 pm

Yes, all set up for Annette`s on Friday,with Chris`s as the annex.Pls bring sleeping bags.
Steve, if you put ca20 1bn,number 2 denton Park Court into multimap it will guide to Annette`s.Meeting point(& for supper if you arrive before 9pm) is the Gosforth Hall Hotel,only 100 yds from Annette`s as the barn owl flies(you`ll see the barn owl on Friday evening).
Tucker, shall i get Annette to book you lot + any locals in to Gosforth Hall for a table around 8.30pm?
Finally,supporters finishing in Wasdale should make sure Tucker or whoever has a change of clothes for you which will meet up with you at Wasdale,showers & breakfast will be available at Annette`s followed by transport to Honister,Keswick or whatever.

Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Dunmail-Wasdale

Postby kilpatrick » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:49 am

Chris, I did have full support from Dunmail to Wasdale and was hoping to have the choice of Broad Stand with Mike Nelson and Ian Hughes, weather and crowds permitting. Unfortunately Ian has crashed off his bike and broken his shoulder last weekend. There may well be enough to brave the 'big step' but if you fancy helping out, on the off chance that you've done it before, it'd be dead handy. Otherwise Wasdale to the finish would be great too. Thanks.
kilpatrick
Plodder

Postby Julian Brown » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:57 am

Not out tonight..... are we meeting up at the pill factory (Macc preferably for me!) for the 'condemned man' lunch Fri in traditional fashion ?

.... we can give Greg a hand with his wheelbarrow if so.
Julian Brown
Elite athlete

Postby Northern Chris » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:47 pm

Sorry
Never done broad stand and don't thing thats the best time to try!! See you in Wasdale
Chris
Northern Chris
Mid pack runner

Postby Welsh Harrier (MC) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:59 am

Good Luck Dave and crew - hope it's not too claggy!
Welsh Harrier (MC)
Mid pack runner

Postby Justin Gutmann » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:20 am

Best of luck Dave and crew. Sorry I can't be with you
Justin Gutmann
Plodder

Postby Colin Ardron » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:47 pm

Best of British (if we're still allowed to say such things) Dave - I will be thinking of you from somewhere in the East Midlands.
Colin Ardron
Elite athlete

Dave's BG

Postby Stephen Watts » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:52 am

Good luck Dave although I'm sure you won't need it. I'll be following you round from the comfort of my own bed this weekend. Think I can just about remember the route and I've got your schedule. Must of all enjoy, its a fabulous day out. Don't worry if it rains a bit; you won't notice it. Apparently it rained on mine but I didn't know it was at the time. Best of luck.
Stephen Watts
Mid pack runner

Postby Welsh Harrier (MC) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:15 am

If you meet up with BG'r Mark Smith from Tattenhall this weekend give him my regards!
Welsh Harrier (MC)
Mid pack runner

Next

Return to Fell Running