Teggs Nose fell race

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Teggs Nose fell race

Postby thebunyans » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:35 pm

Well, it's that time of year again. I'm looking for helpers for this years Teggs Nose fell race. The race is on the 4th August at 2.30pm. I need helpers the evening before to mark the course, plus marshalls/time keepers/admin staff on the day.

The race is a counter in the club fell champs, so obviously a lot of you want to run. If so, how about press ganging the other half/kids to help out?...

If you can offer your services, or anybody elses... phone me on 01625 424564, or drop me an email via the web form .
thebunyans
The Boss

Postby Beneficial Dictator » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:16 pm

Sorry John, even though I like to lead by example, I will be away on Holiday with Janet & the girls on the day of the race this year.
I would remind members that by giving up there run & marshaling they can actually pick up more points in the club fell champs than they would as a participational race counter.
Beneficial Dictator
Elite athlete

Postby MikeG » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:33 pm

John,

Apologies, but like our beloved leader, I'm away on Holiday.
best wishes, Mike G
MikeG
Mid pack runner

Postby Justin Gutmann » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:09 pm

Me too I am afraid. Hope these posts about people on holiday encourage those who aren't to do it/marshall it/pressgang others
Justin Gutmann
Plodder

Postby thebunyans » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:26 pm

Hmmm.... not getting far with recruiting helpers. Looks abd this year as some of my regulars are off on holiday (do they plan things without looking at the fell race calendar?....)

So please consider help ing out at this race. Don't be shy if you've not helped before! How about some trackies or road runners marshalling so I don't have to get some of the fell runners to drop out of the race?...

Failing that, I'll be re-using some of the Rainow scarecrows as marshalls...
thebunyans
The Boss

Postby thebunyans » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:44 pm

Hi Folks - I've got to go on a business trip abroad through till thursday, so I will not be around to pester people to marshall. If you think you can help out, or can volunteer someone else, please send me an email via the webform. I'm still short of about 6 people to marshall on the day.

Thanks,
John
thebunyans
The Boss

Return to Fell Running