Lake District Mountain Trial (9th September)

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Lake District Mountain Trial (9th September)

Postby Digby » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:52 pm

Congratulations to Andrew Gregory who won the MVet70 class in the Lake District Mountain Trial (Short Trial) on Sunday (beating Joss Naylor!).

Phil Janaway and I had a good run round the long course and finished 56th and 50th respectively.

This is an excellent event and I am surprised that not more Macc Harriers were entered bearing in mind our enthusiasm for running round the Lake District?

Ben Dic - one the for the club champs next year??
Digby
Elite athlete

Postby Beneficial Dictator » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:19 pm

I have done the event several times & have my name on the Mountaineers trophy 2 or 3 times which is awarded to the first bonafide mountaineer / climber to finish. The event has been well supported by the club in the past but you can only do so many events & the fell & Mountain Marathon calendar becomes more crowded every year.
I was supporting Janet last weekend at the Lake Vyrnwy 1/2 Marathon where she finished 88th overall, 8th lady but most importantly 1st Lady V40 in 1hr 26min. A Very impressive performance.
Further I was saving myself for this coming weekends ( Sept 15th + 16th ) Mourne Mountain Marathon where I will do my best to try & keep up with Ross Litherland. I suspect I will have my work cut out.

Back to the topic there is no reason that we could not consider it as a long race counter for our club champs one year. This year I choose the Dark & White navigational event in the Peak which is in a couple of weeks ( 23rd Sept from memory ).
Beneficial Dictator
Elite athlete

Return to Fell Running