Borders Long Weekend 18/19/20 April 08

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Borders Long Weekend 18/19/20 April 08

Postby Digby » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:30 pm

I am considering organising a long weekend in the Scottish Borders on 18/19/20 April. I don't know this area but have been told it's very good hill running territory and I know someone who lives fairly locally who can recommend some good days out. The plan is to stay at Melrose Youth Hostel (http://www.syha.org.uk/SYHA/web/site/Ho ... elrose.asp). The date is preliminary and can be shifted to another date in April if it clashes with any signicant events. People of all abilities are welcome! If you're interested then please let me know asap and by 30th September latest, when I will make the booking.

Digby
Digby
Elite athlete

Postby Beneficial Dictator » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:56 pm

Interested Digby but I also don't know the area. What sort of cost are we looking at for the weekend ( yes I know you have shown a link but I'm rushed at the moment ). I'm probably not prepared to commit until the fell calendar for next year is available ( ie. Xmas / New Year time ) which I know is unhelpfull but realisitic.
Cheers. Craig.
Beneficial Dictator
Elite athlete

Postby Andy Skelhorn » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:07 am

I am definately interested - but will have to consult the management / calender. As Melrose is so near Glentress, I would also suggest that we could take a 1/2 day to have a bash at what is probably the best mountain biking trail in the UK. The black run is out of this world, but for the less experienced the easier red run is almost as good and there are decent bikes for hire too.
Andy Skelhorn
Elite athlete

Postby david tucker » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:42 pm

Sounds cracking Digby! Can I come as well? Andy's mountain biking idea sounds fun also. Maybe we could have a real adventure weekend. Craig - can you lay on some crags as well? Sorry Digby, mustn't let your weekend be hijacked.
david tucker
Elite athlete

Potentially interested

Postby philjan » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:25 am

I'm potentially interested - but as BD says, would like to see next years race calendar.

Cheers,
PJ
philjan
Plodder

Postby Philip Barnes » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:59 am

Yes Diggers sounds good. Count me in! If you can arrange a couple of arm chairs on the route for me and Skelhorn to have a mid course sleep and tea and biscuits, that would be great :oops: (veiled reference to our our/my performance in the High Peak 40)
Philip Barnes
Elite athlete

Return to Fell Running