Coached Training Sessions - Thursday Nights.

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Coached Training Sessions - Thursday Nights.

Postby Beneficial Dictator » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:13 pm

This winter there will be Coached Training Sessions on Thursday nights ( as there were last year on a more informal basis ) from 6.30 to 8.00pm from the track at a cost of £1.50. These are open to all senior members of the club & will be led by Fred Lawton.
The sessions are geared specifically toward the needs of seniors in endurance running events. Typical sessions might include fartleks, hill reps, drills, core stability exercises & speedwork. We are fortunate to have the dedicated attention of one of our coaches as calls upon their time are very great.
So instead of going out for your normal steady run come & do a session which really will benefit your performance in that next race.
The first session will be on Thursday 4th October. I will be there & so should you !. If you don't attend then I shall just cruise past you at the next race !.
Enjoy your running.
Craig Harwood.
Beneficial Dictator
Elite athlete

Postby Beneficial Dictator » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:56 pm

These sessions are now underway every week & Fred is certainly finding plenty of forms of torture, sorry training, for us. Road runners & fell runners have been seen why don't you come & join us. There is very little fast speed work ( as this seems to lead to injury for us oldies ) its mainly core strength work that is hugely beneficial.
Beneficial Dictator
Elite athlete

Postby Beneficial Dictator » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:07 pm

Slowly but surely the number of attendees is rising. You will be surprised who you see at these sessions. Come on you know you want too !.
Beneficial Dictator
Elite athlete

Postby Shak » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:49 pm

I'm surprised to see myself there but it's great. Thirty bob's worth of righteous pain.
Shak

Return to Fell Running