Roaches Fell Race. Sunday 11th Nov.

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Postby phil cheek » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:29 pm

that looks about right
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby thebunyans » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:40 pm

Only slight problem in the last 400 metres is that the finish takes the lane direct back to the hall rather than taking the road route that the start follows.
thebunyans
The Boss

Postby Mr Turnip » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:08 pm

All this confusion over the root is doing my terminal bud in I can tell you!
Mr Turnip
Mid pack runner

Postby Beneficial Dictator » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:17 am

Thanks to everyone from the club who turned out & made the race go so well today. I heard nothing but positive comment which is pleasing as I marked some of the course with Phil Cheek on Sat pm then was up & out at 7.30am on Sunday morning putting up road signs & marking the remainder. Got home having stripped out the Roaches section etc.. at around 5.15pm. I don't work that long a day when I get payed !.
Cheers again to everyone. I know main race organiser Andy Addis also appreciated the help.
Craig Harwood.
Beneficial Dictator
Elite athlete

Postby BARRY BLYTH » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:39 pm

The only criticism would be that the course was too well marked! Not enough opportunity for those in front of me to go wrong. It's never been as well marked. Much appreciation for all the marshalls and Andy, Craig and Bob (who had to wait with his stop watch for the last runner) in particular for a stirling job.

Thanks Barry
BARRY BLYTH
Elite athlete

Postby Beneficial Dictator » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:50 pm

Oh & by the way clearing up after the event I found a Macc Harriers club vest in the hall. It's one of the current quite new Wasp sports ones. So if it's yours let me know. I will try to remember to bring it on Wednesday night. There was also a pair of specs left behind in a hard case & one or two other items of dubious merit including a pair of relatively clean trail shoes but Andy Addis has those.
Cheers. Craig.
Beneficial Dictator
Elite athlete

Postby Nancy » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:36 pm

I had a very enjoyable time yesterday, so thank you Andy, Craig, Bob & all helpers for putting on the race (and for those at the hall, for putting up with my boys).

I am also grateful to the 2 runners behind me so that I didn't feel too bad keeping Bob waiting with his stopwatch!
Nancy by name...
Nancy
Elite athlete

Postby phil cheek » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:20 am

Some excellent action shots on the link John has provided,particularly of Scoobie crossing the Dane.

phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Lost Macc Harriers vest

Postby Stephen Watts » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:40 am

Craig, the Macc vest might be mine. I didn't wear the one that is missing so it should be relatively clean? Must have fallen out of my bag in the hall. Will try to be out tomorrow night. Thanks.

I agree with Barry on the course marking. Excellent, but us Macc runners could do with a few advantages in knowing the route. I suggest next year a few less arrows in Gradbach wood as that's a good place to loss a few of the faster runners. Well it beats running faster to improve your position. Anyway, well done everyone on a fine event.
Stephen Watts
Mid pack runner

Postby Julian Brown » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:43 pm

Stephen, I felt I did my bit by sending out a duff map. (You asked me to put it right...)

Thanks a lot to Craig, Andy and all the marshals tetley tea folk and cakemakers, for all your help before, during and after, it's all very much appreciated.

I knocked a whopping 11 seconds off my time. Lloyd better be worried come 2216 !

We can put more pics on the web, just send John or me an Email or CD.

Wouldn't want to influence tomorrow's route choice or owt, but there may be a modest quantity of cake available on Macc Road...
Julian Brown
Elite athlete

Postby Beneficial Dictator » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:52 pm

Stephen suspect the club vest is yours as it does appear to be clean & not smelly which of course I couldn't understand up till now. All is now clear as you were wearing your Team Montrail Orange top in the race.
If only I was quick enough these days to deserve one of those. :cry: :cry:

As to the course marking well race winner Lloyd Taggart also complimented us on the highly visible arrow boards etc... but did also mention that he had reccied the course specifically before the race having got lost last year.
So sorry to you all with Lloyd in the field you will just have to train harder & run faster!.

I agree with the others above there are some great photos of almost everyone who took part on the web link well worth a look.
Beneficial Dictator
Elite athlete

Previous

Return to Fell Running