Rat Race

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Rat Race

Postby Andy Skelhorn » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:38 pm

OK, so the 3 Peaks is full, so why not have a go at something a bit more extreme. It's a bit expensive at £80, but the Rat Race sounds quite entertaining. The Bristol one (which some locals are trying to persuade me to participate in) is in mid June. Check it out:
http://www.ratraceadventure.com/
Andy Skelhorn
Elite athlete

Postby Colin Ardron » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:38 pm

If anyone is really interested in doing this sort of thing I am willing to put something on for free in the "mean streets" of Manchester. This would be totally unofficial and entirely at your own risk.
I will offer a choice of three courses all of three hours duration:
i) the Sounds and Sights of Madchester after Midnight course;
ii) the Bars and Bums of Canal Street course;
iii) the Gems of Modern City Architecture course.

You are responsible for bringing/wearing your own protective equipment. Any claim whatso/howsoever will be dealt with accordingly.

you can see that different tastes are catered for. All courses will be based on the score type orienteering model. You provide your own city map, and you will be given a list of checkpoints with scores. Off you go. Sum up your total score and bring them to the special entrants party/ball/extravaganza to be held at the Cock Inn. There you will be presented with a big bag of freebie rubbish that you have always yearned for.
The only entry requirement to this prestigious event is that you send at least £35 to a charity of your choice (sight of receipts necessary please).
Colin Ardron
Elite athlete

Postby phil cheek » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:02 am

Colin,I didn`t know you`d actually done a Ratrace!
Andy,I`d reccommend AceRaces rather than the "backstreets" of ratrace.

Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Return to Fell Running