Polly

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Postby mudskimmer » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:44 pm

I'm really sorry to hear about Polly, she's a strong lass so I'm sure she'll pull through and soon be back to fighting fit, and singing.
All our best to Polly and Chris for a great christmas and a fit and healthy 2008.

see you soon
The Turners
mudskimmer
Elite athlete

Postby phil cheek » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:00 pm

All,
I`ve just come off the phone from Polly who asked me to thank you all for your messages etc.
She`s having a bit of a hard time & will need a bonemarrow transplant.She can`t have many visitors at this stage but Chris will be setting up an email contact point for her & we want as many of her freinds as possible to use that to keep in touch.She`s also doing a diary which will be online in the next day or so(do NOT read it if you`re squeamish!!!)
Despite feeling crap she`s got her chin firmly up & frankly doesn`t sound ill.
Chris is playing a blinder but also needs keeping gee`d up.He was out on the Trailquest in Gosforth on Sunday as a mixed team with Becks & they (along with all the other competitors) came back muddied from top to toe.
So,when the weather`s bad & you`ve had a bad day,think-on & be grateful you can go out there & run.See you on Sunday morning
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby Northern Chris » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:28 pm

Just a quick(ish) update. Unfortunatly the first course of chemo hasn't provided results as satisfactory as expected. So they started Polly on a new course on Saturday. One drug the same but more of it and another diferent one. The chemo it's self isn't too bad (just along with the drugs it makes her smell fishy!) but her cellulitis has flared up big style (sub skin infection) which is causing alot of pain and discomfort whiles frustrating her due to lack of mobility but she's on a cocktail of morphine's, pethadine (pethadone ?) and plenty of other stuff and hopefully as this chemo kills off her blood then also the cellulitis.

On a better note whilst we were told she would need a bone marrow transplant, she has some bone marrow matches on the register so these are being progresssed. Although they can't do anything until they get her into remission.

Thanks again for your e-mails etc and please keep them coming, she's still chuckling at the ammusing ones

Chris & Polly
Northern Chris
Mid pack runner

Postby mudskimmer » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:08 pm

We're really sorry to hear the chemo hasn't delivered. I'm sure that they'll find a suitable cocktail, and in the meantime hope that they come up with a good bone marrow match.
Will you have a choice of donors? Will you be able to vet them for their mental and physical capabilities, as you might as well go for gold while you've got the chance?
You never know, one of them may be able to sing and pass their singing genes on, and we'll see you next year on X-factor !

Good luck and take care
Kath and Grego
mudskimmer
Elite athlete

Happy New Year

Postby Northern Chris » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:25 pm

Thanks to everyone for their support over the last few weeks. Polly was allowed out for a walk to the park today so hopefully this is a step forward and she'll be out if a few weeks. Have a great night tonight and all the best for 2008. Love Chris and Polly. :D
Northern Chris
Mid pack runner

Postby phil cheek » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:58 pm

Mandy,martin & i are are hoping to take Chris out for some much needed R&R later this week.
Were using Annette`s house as our base so if anyone else is around please join us.I`ll be there from Wednesday PM.
This is a walking & maybe mountainbiking trip `cos Mandy & I are nursing "no-run" injuries.
There is space at Annette`s if anyone wants a day or 2,3,4 in the lakes & Annette sends best wishes from Thailand,Laos or somewhere near there.
Happy New Year all,& Polly & Chris especially.
Phil (& Annette)
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby Northern Chris » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:23 pm

Good new. She's escaped for at least a week so is spending a bit of time at mine resting. We're back in Newcastle on Thursday for her bone marrow biopy so that'll give us more of an idea of whats next.
Northern Chris
Mid pack runner

Previous

Return to Fell Running