High Peak Marathon

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

High Peak Marathon

Postby Philip Barnes » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:31 pm

Unfortunately, my team, "The Cartegena Wolves" have been formally accepted in this little night out :shock:

I now need to finalise my team. Currently it is myself, Jon Tatham and Jules. A 4th steady (not fast) runner is required.
Don't be shy :!:
Philip Barnes
Elite athlete

Postby Julian Brown » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:18 pm

Phil, I'm quite sure you'll get a taker (or two) from Macc, if not I know quite a few folk who entered and didn't get in, so if you're still struggling in a few days let me know, I'll put you in touch.
Julian Brown
Elite athlete

HIGH PEAK MARATHON

Postby LARRY » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:30 pm

Yep as mentioned I am up for this, please keep me abreast of any recce's or further information. Sorry I couldn't make this weekend but I had a genuine excuse I was having a rest.
LARRY
Elite athlete

Postby Beneficial Dictator » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:50 pm

Addressed principally at the team I am running with
Phil Barnes. Larry Day & John Tatham.

As I said to Phil in the Pub last night I am up for a reccy / practice run as a team on Sunday 17th or the following weekend on either the Sat 23rd or Sun 24th. They will be my only availibility. I will be racing Cloud 9 the following Sunday 2nd & busy with other stuff on the Saturday.
I am happy to provide the sleeping bag & the tent required for the team as I probably have lighter weight yet still compliant with the rules stuff.

Cheers. Craig.
Beneficial Dictator
Elite athlete

Postby Philip Barnes » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:37 pm

Sunday it is. I propose a repeat of the circuit we did with Julian the other week from the Cafe at Dewent Res. Obviously everyone welcome. If the team communicate through phones, I can post final details on the Forum.
Philip Barnes
Elite athlete

Postby Philip Barnes » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:13 pm

Confirmation that the likely lads will be leaving from Middlewood Way Car Park, Bollington, at 9am Sunday morning. All welcome of course!
Philip Barnes
Elite athlete

Postby LARRY » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:11 pm

Jolly good will be there, are we allowed to bring our Ipods?
LARRY
Elite athlete

Postby Philip Barnes » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:24 pm

Now that the snake pass is officially open, we are going to do the entire section. So a car at the start, and a car at the end is the plan.
Philip Barnes
Elite athlete

Postby Beneficial Dictator » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:35 pm

The entire Cuthroat Bridge to Snake Pass section went with the full team in action. An excellant spring day with shoes hardly blackened just like any normal Mid February !. If it is only so pleasurable on the night of the event !, Unlikely.
Beneficial Dictator
Elite athlete

Postby Fletch » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:02 pm

Would just like to say 'Good Luck' to all those taking part in tonight's little jaunt. I'm so so glad I declined.

Have fun. :lol:
Fletch
Plodder

Postby phil cheek » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:27 pm

Have a good night lads,I hope it`s truly horrible(oops, I mean wonderful) up there.
I`m trying to get a run together tomorrow so that we`re coming towards you on the Brown Knoll bit,maybe with a flask & some goodies.Not sure yet but a definite maybe
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby phil cheek » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:51 pm

Good to see the harriers going so strongly,members in the 1st & 5th teams & a solid finish by the Wolves,though they looked as though they were getting their money`s worth!
Are we going to get write-ups of your tales of derringdo.
phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby geofpet1 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:44 am

Well done to you all!
geofpet1
Elite athlete

Postby Philip Barnes » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:07 pm

GO WOLVES!
Many thanks to my team for getting me round this thing at the weekend :lol:
Also to Ian, Pete and Phil for their encouragement en-route.
We paid our money and no-one was going to get us off the hill until we had well and truly got our monies worth!
Though obviously Craig had done this race (and many other tougher events) before, this was a real 'watershed' ( :roll: ) for the rest of the pack and we are all pretty pleased that we came through it and got the T shirt.
Well done to Mike, Diggers, Julian and Ross - Absolutely fantastic effort guys!
And of course, many congrats to Team Montrail (aka, half man-half macc), Having them pass us was about the scariest part of the night!
Philip Barnes
Elite athlete

Postby Ross » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:33 am

Well done Wolves - respectable time for your efforts. Since you all seemed to have a great time in the bogs; I think you should all get your entries in for the fellsman!! You could always stick together and share the fantastic experience!! I won't be running this year but I'm hoping to help out somewhere so I'll shout encouragement/abuse!
We were very pleased with our run - I got really cold on Harden Moor after falling into the famous bog upto my waist (digby did too) but managed to keep going. We survived crossing bleaklow without any major trouble and then we all finished strongly, passing other teams on the way. Daft event but I absolutely loved it!
Ross
Plodder

Next

Return to Fell Running