Sunday,Fell Handicap.

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Sunday,Fell Handicap.

Postby phil cheek » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:17 pm

If anyone hasn`t notified me of their intention to run on Sunday,no problem,just turn up in good time.Don`t forget the full kit requirement 7 a mug in case Rona runs out.
But if you want to know your start time drop me a response to this on the forum & I`ll let you know.
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby thebunyans » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:50 pm

Karen and Mark H are coming too (I believe this was mentioned earlier) - I'm just trying to sort out Mark's account.
thebunyans
The Boss

Postby phil cheek » Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:45 pm

no problem John,Mark off at a few minutes to 11,Karen at 0940.
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby DominicTook » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:07 pm

Hi Phil,

Sorry about that thismorning, i went up there but i couldn't see anyone. I guess i must have gone to the wrong road :S I did look it up on the map the other week, thought i had it ok in my mind, guess i got that wrong.

I hope the run goes ok anyway and sorry i couldn't make it! Though i did go for a quick run and its hard going with the ground so frozen.

You have a fell run every Wednesday as well right? I will try and join you then if i can.

Dom
DominicTook
Mid pack runner

Postby Colin Ardron » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:48 pm

Desperately disapointed not to have won the handicap in spite of spending a fortune on wine for the main man. What more do I have to do? I know I know, just try a bit of training!

Splendid conditions for it and thanks to Phil for allowing us to indulge our masochisitic tendencies once again.
Colin Ardron
Elite athlete

Postby thebunyans » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:11 pm

A few photos have been posted here....
http://www.mh.k313.com/mh-gallery/thumb ... p?album=44
I didn't upload quite a few because a lot of people looked quite knackered and "not at their best"...
thebunyans
The Boss

Postby phil cheek » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:38 pm

John & all,
I found it quite emotional to see all those smiling faces at the end of today`s run.......BUT
That`s not what fellrunning`s supposed to be about.....where are the piccies of folk suffering??????we should see them.
On a serious note,thanks all for coming & not moaning too much after the event if you were one of the people whose handicap might have been better.
I have to say the prerace bribes,pleas,etc were topquality & ignored as usual.I did modify a couple of start times on the day where folk interceded on behalf of another runner.
A quick reminder of the importance of communicating if you`ve dropped out.One of our retirements today let other runners know & phoned his partner`s mobile at Common Barn.The other phoned a mobile that was eventually switched on,after 2 of us had spent an unneccessary half an hour in the cold & were beginning to think about organising a search.
I owe Richard an apology `cos he was very wrongly handicapped & `cos he started in one of the last groups had no company when he got dropped.Sod`s law decreed he would be the person who had least knowledge of the route.Sorry!
Anyway.everyone survived,some even enjoyed it,thanks all for coming.
FINALLY,& IMPORTANTLY....if anyone inadvertently didn`t pay Rhona please do so.
Shall we do it again in Decenber 2008?If so I expect an an even bigger turnout than today`s record of 41(+2 dogs) and at least a dozen old,lame.sick,tired,recently wed,etc also out there enjoying the day.
Thank you all.
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby Julian Brown » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:24 am

Some results have been cobbled together and stuffed on the website.+

I'm with Phil, let's see us all 'not at our best'.....
Last edited by Julian Brown on Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Julian Brown
Elite athlete

Postby Ross » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:36 am

many thanks Phil - fantastic event - really enjoyed myself cheers
Ross
Plodder

Postby Mr T » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:28 pm

Thanks Phil for another well organised handicap. Had a good run out but kicking myself for sticking with Pete "no this is definitely the right way (through Macc forest) the others are short-cutting" Redhead. Lesson learned. Particularly liked the black Xmas hat Phil, nice. Cheers, Jon T.
Old enough to know better, daft enough to still give it a go...
Mr T
Mid pack runner

Postby mudskimmer » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:20 pm

If you only ever printed photo's of folk looking their best when running, there wouldn't be any photo's on the website.
mudskimmer
Elite athlete

Postby thebunyans » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:13 pm

OK, I've added the rest, warts and all.
thebunyans
The Boss

Postby phil cheek » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:40 pm

I have to say I`m very disappointed,only Andy looked as though he was vaguely trying.You all enjoyed it far too much,so everyone`s handicap will be made harder next year!!!!
Bah Humbug
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby Mandy » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:04 pm

Thanks Phil for organising the race on Sunday.

Now as to those handicaps......I think I managed to have a worse handicap after the race...turning a cold into a cough and not being able to walk properly after spraining some lateral thingy ligament in my leg!

Bah Humbug!
Mandy
Mandy
Front runner

Postby phil cheek » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:37 pm

Mandy,
No sympathy....you fiddled your handicap on the grounds that you were ill & were going to jog round with a slower runner,got competitive ,finished at the front having left your companion.You & that Ardron both.............
Bah Humbug(get well soon)
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Return to Fell Running