Christmas Party Report

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Christmas Party Report

Postby Colin Ardron » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:15 pm

Thanks to the organisers of last nights do, most enjoyable. Although we managed to drink the Town House dry this didn't detract from our sheer enjoyment of each others company and high level conversation (thanks Al.) Most of the evening I spent working on our illustrious fell handicapper and it took half a pint of red wine to finally bring him round. So this year I'm starting off before anyone else arrives on the understanding that I don't take any short cuts. I think that's very fair. Obviously I'd been concentrating too hard on Phil's conversion, for when I looked up everyone had left and gone to some dive in the lower reaches of the town. At this point Al decided that he also had to boogie on down and it was only when the doorman pointed out that people of his age weren't allowed in (health and safety I think it was), that I was able to steer him in the direction of home.
Colin Ardron
Elite athlete

Postby Franswallow » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:02 pm

Well I think the rest of you were not taking the race preparation appropriately seriously, and it was only the stalwarts that realised the importance of a curry, after Meza Luna, just for carb loading purposes you understand
I thought Mr swallow's added initiative of extra liquid nutrition in preparation was also an interesting approach, I'm not completely convinced at this stage that this will improve his performance,but perhaps I'm just too cynical. 8)
But I must add an excellent night, big thanks to James and Chris for organising, got a couple of pics of the evidence, will pass to John for the gallery.
Franswallow
Mid pack runner

Postby phil cheek » Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:43 pm

Yes,a thoroughly good do & I was able to partake of a sufficiency of bribes .Thanks organisers
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby thebunyans » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:12 pm

Fran's photos are here....
http://www.mh.k313.com/mh-gallery/thumb ... p?album=45
They don't look that incriminating to me....
thebunyans
The Boss

Postby DominicTook » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:37 pm

It was a great night.

Yes most of the C group did leave to go round town! lol. I couldn't see that many B's, though i did see Fran. So i hope i didn't miss anyone in particular!

Was good to speak to you Phil, sorry i missed today though, was a bit annoyed actually.

Thanks to the organisers, i'll be there next year i'm sure.

Anyway i got back at 2:30am so i thought it was a great night :D
DominicTook
Mid pack runner

Return to Fell Running