Cyclocross

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Cyclocross

Postby phil cheek » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:21 am

Those with an interest in sport in general might find it worthwhile going down to South park tomorrow(Sunday) morning where many of the country`s best riders will be racing.It`s an 11 oclock start I think.

Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby phil cheek » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:13 pm

Those of you except Tevor & i who didn`t make the trip to South Park today missed a treat.
First race, juniors won by about half a wheel after a race-long battle.
Second race,under 12s won by about a bike-length after the eventuual winner had lost the lead 3 or 4 times in the last 2 laps & fought back every time.
Senior race, 4 of the best men in the country battled it out for an hour until the last minute when first 1,then another cracked,leaving 2 to fight to line,another race won & lost by about a bike-length.Oh,yes,then the ladies,who had never been more than a few seconds apart, sprinted in separated by a bike-length or so.
Wonderful entertainment,great competition & thanks to the competitors & the Rowson family.Definitely a sports highlight of 2007.
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby Mr Turnip » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:21 pm

Yes but how did the runners get on :?

Happy New Year to all our readers!
Mr Turnip
Mid pack runner

Postby phil cheek » Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:14 pm

A couple were watching,the Rowsons were organising & lets not forget that one of the top fellrunners of the last few years,Rob Jebb,is also one of the top Cyclocross riders,having won the 3 Peaks race several times & a top fellrunner.Heather Dawe won the ladies & is also a top fellrunner/MM competitor....so i guess we could we say runners were well represented.
Oh, by the way Trev took one look & said too hard for him.I`ve done a few & found it very very tough,cross country intensity plus a lot,but great fun.IF you`re tough enough give it a go,a mountain bike is acceptable.
National Champs is in Sutton Park in 2 weeks time,if anyone fazncies a trip down to watch let me know.
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Return to Fell Running