Proposed Club Fell Champs Races 08.

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Postby phil cheek » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:58 pm

He!nice one Geoff,look at all those class athletes I whopped only 2 weeks after a BG.And look at Colin`s time.
Just tell us again how many Harriers have been round Wasdale as fast since?
Is that why they don`t go,`cos it`s too tough & they think Kinder Trog or Wadsworth is a proper A Long?
Surely we can`t really have a "fell champion" who doesn`t do any classic races.Even John Kershaw at least tried & finished Ennerdale.
Maybe the solution is to put 2 "classics" in & you must do 1 of them.
I`d choose from Manx,Ennerdale,Wasdale,Jura & maybe ,despite it`s short & has no nav Ben Nevis.
And count me in for the club trip to Jura even if I`m not fit to run.
And Geoff you`ve made an old man very nostalgic.
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby Welsh Harrier (MC) » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:09 pm

Beneficial Dictator wrote:
Now I would love it Raph if you would do the English champs races. If you did with Barry Blyth, Martin Cortvriend, Geoff Petengell ( who turns 50 very soon ) John Amies ( if I can get him to rejoin the club, currently only a Congleton Harrier ) & any other good age 50 plus runners in the club. My reason - we would do well as a club in the English V50 team champs !.

I have already discussed this with Barry & Martin & John, just haven't had chance to speak to you. This could also apply to British champs.

BD English or British - what's the priority?
Welsh Harrier (MC)
Mid pack runner

Postby Colin Ardron » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:23 pm

Eh lad those were the days! It was indeed a particularly hot outing and I remember wallowing in the stream at the back of Kirkfell to cool off. Not many days when you can do that without freezing your whatsits off!
There was another Wasdale I did where it was chucking it down and misty most of the way round. A navigational challenge for most and especially for those not over familiar with the area. That may have been the year the river flooded a good part of the NT camp site - mods. to the river channel took place after that. We had by chance pitched our tent on higher ground, so the family were able to survive the weekend in relative comfort. My children rescued a baby hedgehog which had become marooned on a small islet surrounded by raging torrents - it was letting out a most pitiful screaming which could be heard over quite a distance. Against my wishes it was transported home and brought to young adulthood on a diet of worms and cat food before being released in the Cheshire countryside.

Well now, wasn't that a nice little story on this grey January day?
Colin Ardron
Elite athlete

Postby phil cheek » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:30 pm

So,sub5.15 with a swim break,ever more impressive Colin.
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Previous

Return to Fell Running