Steve and Ian BGs

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Postby Julian Brown » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:47 am

Have updated the schedule with some more info.....

http://www.mh.k313.com/mh/fell/steve%20 ... hedule.xls

Am going up Fri for leg 1 and coming back sometime Sat evening. Anyone got any room for a little 'un ?? as I was hoping to avoid taking my car and share with someone but will drive if needed.

We can sort out Wed night if you're out and about.
Julian Brown
Elite athlete

Postby phil cheek » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:39 pm

Ian,Steve,
Cn you bring anything you need for Wasdale(change of shoes,socks,tops,food for changeover,hill food & drink etc) on Wednesday night so that Tucker or whoever can take them to Annette`s.She will bring water for hot drinks,footwash etc etc.
Support on Dunmail-Wasdale leg.If you leave a bag with clean clothes & shoes with Tucker that can be taken to Annette`s .Showers & breakfast at Annette`s.
See you tomorrow evening,traffic permitting
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby Mandy » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:08 pm

Julian - I am coming back Saturday evening so could give you a lift, if that would help.
Phil and Netty - could Martin and I book in for Friday night?

Mandy
Mandy
Front runner

Postby matt kowalski hicks » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:19 pm

I (seem to) have resolved the problems i was having with my back last weekend and will be in the lakes anyway on friday afternoon/sat morning so can help on legs one or two if short of water carriers

will be heading back late morning/lunch time saturday to stockport if anyone still needs a lift

07949 640608
matt kowalski hicks
Front runner

Postby Digby » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:03 pm

Steve/Ian, family commitments mean that I'm not going to be able to stay for Saturday night unfortunately.

Steve - I'm supporting Andy Sutton on Leg 2 but am hoping to support you on Leg 3 if Andy gets in before you leave Dunmail and lifts from Wasdale back down to Macc. work out. According to his schedule Andy should arrive 4 minutes before you do!

Cheers, Digby
Digby
Elite athlete

Postby Steve Swallow » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:18 pm

Phil,

I should be travelling up with Dave T on Friday so should be able to send kit with him later - also for anyone else who can't drop kit Wednesday
Thanks Annette for offer of footwash etc

Digby, Matt thanks for the support offers

Steve
Steve Swallow
Plodder

Postby matt kowalski hicks » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:39 am

just been thinking about water carriers on leg three - not many people to carry bottles and navigate etc if they're split into two groups. Would it help if i drove from dunmail to the top of langdale and carried a few litres of water up to the top of rossett ghyll ?
matt kowalski hicks
Front runner

Postby Beneficial Dictator » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:58 pm

Matts idea of some water at the coll after Rossett Pyke before Bowfell would be welcome otherwise I suspect one pacer would drop down to Angle Tarn ( missing Bowfell entirely ) for it & then climb up to meet the team at Ore Gap before Esk Pike.
Beneficial Dictator
Elite athlete

Postby Mike Nelson » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:22 pm

I don't think there is a particular problem with water on leg 3. Last weekend on Kirsty's BG the stream at the top of Sticks Pass just before the climb to Rossett Pike was running. Also we got a drink from the spring at the base of Bow Fell.

Where there could be a problem is on leg 3, which is pretty dry even in normal conditions. It would be useful if water could be dropped off/met somewhere before Kirk Fell.
Mike Nelson
Plodder

Postby phil cheek » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:31 pm

Mike,
My concern was that both the Stakes path stream & the Bowfell spring were getting very low,IF there`s no rain this week they could both be ughy(at best)
I`ll get a local weather report from Annette or Chris.
Otherwise Craig`s idea of topping up at Angle Tarn is a good one.
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby Andy Skelhorn » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:08 pm

Water Warter everywhere.

I was planning to saunter up to the pass between Kirk Fell Gable and Great Gable with a load of water (and possible dunk myself in the small tarn there). So that can be arranged once we are up in the Lakes on Friday.
Andy Skelhorn
Elite athlete

Postby Rachael » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:06 pm

Is there a particular post-BG Keswick pub that folks are likely to be found in on sat night?
Cheers
Rachael
Rachael
Mid pack runner

Postby Julian Brown » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:05 am

It's usually been the George on St Johns St off the market place just past the chip shop - only 150 yds or so from the Moot Hall.

Of course on recent rounds the appearance of the successful BGer at the pub has been very poor, we have had 3 'no shows', one 'depart the scene after an hour' and one 'managed half a pint all night'. Judging by last night a bit of training has been undertaken and an improved performance this weekend is expected.
Julian Brown
Elite athlete

Postby Steve Swallow » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:40 pm

Julian

Thanks for the vote of confidence - I'm sure Ian and I will do our best to complete the 6th leg but no promises!

Phil,

As mentioned yesterday would be useful to get your mobile number and Annettes land line before lunch time tomorrow - or you can text them to me

Steve
Steve Swallow
Plodder

Postby phil cheek » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:52 pm

Steve,
Numbers are:_
Phil mob 07968054714
Chris mob 07881556173
Annette home 01946725842

Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete