Spring has sprung,anyone for a run Tuesday?

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Spring has sprung,anyone for a run Tuesday?

Postby phil cheek » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:56 pm

This weather should last at least till tomorrow,anyone available for a trot during the day tomorrow.Say a couple of hours,slow of course.
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby Beneficial Dictator » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:44 pm

Sat in the office Tues lunchtime, Sun streaming in through the window. Most Jealous of wise old "Cheeky" boy out playing & frollicking in the sun - no doubt like a spring lamb.
Hold on, does that make Annette a "Cheeky" girl. No most definetly not !. Sorry Nettie for even momentarily thinking it.
Spring is in the air !.
Beneficial Dictator
Elite athlete

Postby david tucker » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:51 pm

For all you office bound workaholics, I was on Kinder today in the glorious sun with me Linz and would you believe, me topless - and I have the pics to prove it. Out for 5 hours with sandwiches at the Downfall.
Also saw a helicopter rescue of an injured walker off the top of the plateau and a white mountain hare. So a complete day out off work.
david tucker
Elite athlete

Postby Colin Ardron » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:23 pm

I was in Stockport.
Colin Ardron
Elite athlete

Postby phil cheek » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:14 pm

Tucker,topless,poor Linz.
Ardron,Stockport,probably making more property magnate money.Poor Col.
Great afternoon in the Goyt,perfectly warm enough to run topless if one wanted to.But amazingly, ice in a couple of frost hollows that hadn`t got any sun all day & very chilly a few minutes after dark.
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby david tucker » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:00 pm

Yes Phil, I agree. A juxtaposition between the apparent heat of the day and the ice under foot in the shade. It was like that on Kinder. Very strange and quite unusual circumstances. A phenomenon even, especially for February.
david tucker
Elite athlete

Postby Digby » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:31 pm

I had a great day in the Lakes in glorious sunshine on Monday trotting round the Caldew Circuit (via Sharp Edge) at the back o' Skiddaw. Quite a few people about wearing just tee-shirt and shorts - I felt quite overdressed in my full length leggings.
Digby
Elite athlete

Postby Ross » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:46 pm

Digby wrote:I had a great day in the Lakes in glorious sunshine on Monday trotting round the Caldew Circuit (via Sharp Edge) at the back o' Skiddaw. Quite a few people about wearing just tee-shirt and shorts - I felt quite overdressed in my full length leggings.

What you didn't learn from the race on Saturday!! If you'd have worn shorts on sat you would have caught me no doubt!
Ross
Plodder

Return to Fell Running