Moscar to Snake Head

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Moscar to Snake Head

Postby Philip Barnes » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:30 am

The Carteghena Wolves (well most of them) will be doing this route again Saturday Morning. Meeting at Middlewood Way Car Park Adlington Road Bollington at 7am. All welcome.
Philip Barnes
Elite athlete

Postby Beneficial Dictator » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:30 pm

7am, I will still be tucked up in the land of Nod. Hope its as enjoyable a trip as it was in the fierce February sun like last Sunday !.
Beneficial Dictator
Elite athlete

Postby Mr T » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:12 pm

Not sure we can expect such favourable conditions this week. A good chance to brush up on the navigation duties without our Ben Dic around though! Anyone else joining us on this wonderful bog trot?
Old enough to know better, daft enough to still give it a go...
Mr T
Mid pack runner

Postby phil cheek » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:21 pm

Just checking I`ve got this right.....

A group of wolves from Carthage are running from a remote plastic surgery clinic(MO scar?) where a 1950`s racing car (MOSS car?) is parked,to rendezvous with an oriental gangleader.
Well just hope MI5 doesn`t find out.
Have a nice day & the Kinder Lifeboat Team will be on hand if you need them.

Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby Philip Barnes » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:35 am

It is sad to see that geography and history were omitted from some yoofs curriculum!
Did you know that Hannibals lead elephant had a sticker on it saying "Rome or Bust!"?
Anyway as representatives of the Drug Cartel centre of the world we shall be imbibing many performance enhancing drugs and other substances to dull the pain on Sunday. Phil, what do suggest, should I take my iPod shuffle, my iPod Nano or my 60G iPod so I can watch a movie on my way round? I need something, otherwise I may be forced to have a conversation with my fellow wolves :?
Philip Barnes
Elite athlete

Postby phil cheek » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:45 am

If Hannibal had any sense he`d have said,stuff Rome I`ll settle for some bust!And all that way just to play a violin with Ian Botham while the place burned down.
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby Swoop » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:15 pm

Philip Barnes wrote:Did you know that Hannibals lead elephant had a sticker on it saying "Rome or Bust!"?
Aren't normal elephants heavy enough? Why did he have one made of lead?
Swoop
Plodder

Postby Philip Barnes » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:56 pm

Did you also know that Hannibal Barca had a descendent who went into British Comedy! (Fork 'andles)

On a more relevant note, I plan to do this route again this coming weekend. I know that some of my pack are not available, but all are yet again invited. Either Sat. or Sun. post here if interested
Also thanks to my fellow wolves for pulling me out of the **** on Saturday. It really brought home the perils of being out on Bleaklow solo.
Everything up there is now back to normal, lots of wind, mist and watery bogs :lol:
Philip Barnes
Elite athlete

Return to Fell Running