Phil Turner Retirement from AZ

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Phil Turner Retirement from AZ

Postby MikeG » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:09 pm

I realise that the majority of the folks on this forum are not employees of AZ (or even former employees if ICI or Zeneca), but for the last twenty years, Phil Turner has been the Chairman or Secretary of the Running Section at AZ.
He is retiring in June this year and hence, the rest of the running section at AZ are collecting for a gift to present in recognition of all his hard work in organising the various races over the last 15 or so years. The Fell-runners are most likely to know Phil from the Man v Bike Race which he organised for several years from the Cat & Fiddle. Like all Phil's Races, it was free to enter and was open to whoever wanted to compete.
Hence, if anyone would like to contribute, any donations would be welcome. More importantly, if any AZ employee who is a regular attendee at Wednesday night runs would like to volunteer to collect any donations that would be even better...
I believe Phil was a member of Macc Harriers for many years in the 1980's and early nineties until his injuries restricted his competitive running.
Last edited by MikeG on Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
best wishes, Mike G
MikeG
Mid pack runner

Postby Colin Ardron » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:03 pm

Yes Mike I would like to make a contribution. What is the best way to do this?
Phil, as you rightly say has been organiser of many many races over the years and he always carried out his chosen role with superb efficiency and minimal fuss.
Colin Ardron
Elite athlete

Return to Fell Running