sunday/monday in Cumbria.

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

sunday/monday in Cumbria.

Postby phil cheek » Thu May 01, 2008 9:34 am

Hi all,
Plans for the weekend beginning to come together.
Mandy & Martin are staying in Thirlspot so Geoff,Colin & I are going to camp at the site there next to the pub!!
Plan is to meet in the coffeeshop(next to the public loos) in the main Keswick carpark(on the BG route) at 0945 Sunday.Geoff wants to recce Skiddaw leg of 50@50 so a circular route is easy to plan.
Monday we can do something over Helvellyn,maybe meeting up with Greg the Gardener & others on the CtoC.
All welcome,for 1 day or 2,it won`t be quick & there are lots of options for short cuts or long cuts.Contact me about carshare.
Col,suggest we drive up Sunday morning if you`re coming.
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby Beneficial Dictator » Thu May 01, 2008 1:16 pm

To all those in the Lakes this weekend.

Janet, the girls Grace & Lydia & I will be at the Fell & Rock Hut in Langdale this weekend as there is a family meet. We have no set itinerary & one or all of us may be able to join up with you at some point. Otherwise if you are in Langdale pop in & see us for a brew. Some of you will know where the hut is but for those who don't I will try to post a Grid Ref later.

Lets hope there is some good weather, especially for Ross Litherland, Jon Chapman & Mike Nelson who are looking to attempt a minimal support Bob Graham Round. Best wishes to them.
Cheers.
Craig.
Beneficial Dictator
Elite athlete

Postby Colin Ardron » Thu May 01, 2008 8:58 pm

The best laid plans etc sorry Phil I won't be joining you in the Lakes. As I mentioned the other day our annual pilgramage to Cader Idris is on the first Sun of the month of May and is a family and friends traditon that has been going on now for over forty years (I kid you not) - every year someone is not there but new family members join in. To miss it would mean excommunication or maybe something worse - .
Anyway I shall wave to you in the Lakes from the top of Cader.
Colin Ardron
Elite athlete

Postby creakyknee » Fri May 02, 2008 11:34 am

Hello Phil,
I'd love to join you on Sunday. Can you just confirm that the car park is Bell Close (I seem to recall it's got toilets and a coffee shop - just down from the Lakeland Pedaller). Many thanks.
Steve
creakyknee

Postby phil cheek » Fri May 02, 2008 3:24 pm

Correct,we`ll either be in the Peddlar,or more likely the cafe 50 yds further up the carpark
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby phil cheek » Mon May 05, 2008 10:35 pm

Thanks to Geoff,Mandy & Martin, & Steve on Sunday for 2 great days on the fells.Around 11000 feet of climb in 11-12 hours,& a bit more for Geoff.
Almost wall to wall sunshine on 2 BG legs reccying the extra peaks for geoffs 50@50.Made even better by reports of heavy rain on the Scafells,bad weather in Cheshire & Scotland,& rain after we came off the fell on Sunday,& A great B&B>
Phil
Met Daves Tucker & Parry on Helvellyn,a joy for them I`m sure.
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Return to Fell Running