Pics fron Shutlingsloe Fell Race. 26.5.08

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Pics fron Shutlingsloe Fell Race. 26.5.08

Postby david tucker » Mon May 26, 2008 4:51 pm

There are some pics from Sunday's fell race on the web (soon) of various people who I managed to pick out on their way up Shutlingsloe.

Conditions on the top were horrendous with very high, gusting wind. This made photography very difficult and will explain the strange facial expressions/skin ripples not normally associated with the person in question.

Another consequence was the strange dress rearrangement especially, but not uniquely demonstrated by Simon Bailey as he crested the summit looking like something from a Mason's induction ceremony. It was just the wind!

http://www.wildboarclough.co.uk/fell_race.htm

Maybe if someone has the results they could post them here. I suspect Simon won.
david tucker
Elite athlete

Postby thebunyans » Mon May 26, 2008 5:33 pm

OK, Dave's pictures with a few of mine have been added to the gallery here....
http://www.mh.k313.com/mh-gallery/thumb ... p?album=54

I particularly like the shot of Craig line dancing with a few chums on the top of shuts.

Congratulations to my son Allen and his friend George who came 2nd and 1st respectively in the U10s English Junior championship race. They are both eyeing up the senior race next year, so it's a good job I've retired to save any further embarrassment.
thebunyans
The Boss

Postby Colin Ardron » Tue May 27, 2008 7:45 am

Great pictures from our roving photographers - note that I had taken the precaution of tucking my tee shirt into my shorts before reaching the summit. This to prevent unseemly (and unsightly) views of my midriff as the wind tore at my garments.

I enjoyed marshalling the junior races somewhat more than doing the race itself - watching the fearless way the runners came down through the bluebell wood was something to behold. The leader of the U/14s tripped in front of me and nearly took my teeth out!

Didn't see one Macclesfield vest in the u12/14 and U16/18 races. Kinda odd for a club that prides itself on its fell running (but obviously not fell racing) pedigree?
Colin Ardron
Elite athlete

Postby Beneficial Dictator » Tue May 27, 2008 1:03 pm

Had an email from Jon Mayne, the race organiser, Thanking all the Harriers who turned out to help & Marshall.
So THANKS TO ALL CONCERNED !.

MACC H Performances of the Day -
Allen Bunyan. 2nd Under 10's Race.
John Chapman. 4th Overall & 1st V40 Open Race.
Bob Lynch & Nancy Bunyan - Timekeepers / Recorders par Excellance !.

The summit "line dancing" photo of me, well I obviously need to practice my steps significantly more before the Fell Runners Dinner in November !.

Cheers, Craig.
Beneficial Dictator
Elite athlete

Return to Fell Running