LAMM 08

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

LAMM 08

Postby Beneficial Dictator » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:38 pm

The results are up & Mark Hartell running with my 'ol climbing mucker Martin Beale ( from the Bristol area ) are 1st Vets & 5th in the Elite. Rachael Lawrance & Mandy Calvert are 1st Ladies in the A class. Well done to all club members who completed.
Beneficial Dictator
Elite athlete

Postby Stephen Watts » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:55 am

Just a slight correction, Martin and Mark were 4th and both would probably be upset to have a combined age of 90! Anyway well done to them and to Mandy and Rachael and anyone else running from Macc, although I can't see anyone on the start list or results. I understand it was fairly difficult running terrain this year and dry.
Stephen Watts
Mid pack runner

Postby Beneficial Dictator » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:38 pm

Whoops, as SWatt is suggesting I've got it wrong as in most Mountain Marathons now you need to have a combined team age of 90 ( ie. Vet status starts at 45 ). That means I have aged both Martin & Mark who are of course just mere youngsters compared to a proper veteran like myself !.
Beneficial Dictator
Elite athlete

Postby Rachael » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:55 pm

Great weather and Mandy and i had a really good time -- although did not spend much time actually running (in fact it was pretty much impossible to run yesterday). We took some good avoiding-midge tactics (like breakfast in bed before getting out of the tent on sunday morning). Would recommend it (especially in sunny weather)-- although maybe not if you don't want to be woken by bagpipes at 5.30am!
Rachael
Rachael
Mid pack runner

Postby mudskimmer » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:24 am

Really well done ladies - running or not a great achievement !!
mudskimmer
Elite athlete

Return to Fell Running