JAME'S THORN race WED 18

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

JAME'S THORN race WED 18

Postby BARRY BLYTH » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:45 pm

I plan to do this and am taking my car calling in at the pub in Hayfield afterwards as per calendar. Anyone want a lift?

Barry 424129; barry.blyth1@ntlworld.com
BARRY BLYTH
Elite athlete

Postby Julian Brown » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:48 pm

I think I shall give it a goat Barry, if you don't mind picking me up whilst passing down Macc Road that would be much appreciated.

Rachael, fresh from her jaunt round Ennerdale on Saturday, sounded keen as well....

..... Just to repeat - tomorrow (Wed) night you have the choice of

a Wed night run from the Quarry Hayfield,

or the James Thorn race from Glossop..... in the Wed night champs.... AS. 7.30 p.m. 5m/1610 from the Royal Oak, Sheffield Road (A57), Glossop (GR 049942). £3.50. Teams free. LK/PM. Over 16. Record: 33.41 R. Graham 2007. No safety pins.

But all to meet up after in the Royal, Hayfield.
Julian Brown
Elite athlete

Postby BARRY BLYTH » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:32 pm

Tim Taylor e mailed for a lift and tel message from Rachael so with Julian have 4 ie fullish.
BARRY BLYTH
Elite athlete

Postby Beneficial Dictator » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:48 pm

Hope some of you got there last night & foul weather conditions didn't prevent it being enjoyable. I got home from work late & then with child sitting issues just didn't get away in time to have time to get over to Glossop or even Hayfield for 7pm. So Janet & I went for a wet local run around Macc Forest instead.
Sorry to have missed it but it wasn't the best of summers evenings so not to great a loss. More sorry to have missed a Pint in the Royal with our new BG Club members !.
Cheers.
Craig.
Beneficial Dictator
Elite athlete

Postby Julian Brown » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:35 pm

8 of us I think from Macc set off, field of fifty-odd - a bit more than last year's thirteen...
we got a bit wet and cold
we got to the top and back again, some faster than others, most faster than me
Barry won a rather nice towel
Rachael won a rather large shirt
not sure what Tim won but he was 5th

well run all

and many thanks to Des for the race and especially the marshals for getting very wet and cold on our behalf.

the wed night champs is bounding forward, and you've only 6 days to wait till the next one - Phil's jaunt - I'm sure everyone will be looking foward to getting lost in the Goyt.

http://www.mh.k313.com/mh/fell/fell%20c ... 0table.xls
Julian Brown
Elite athlete

Return to Fell Running