Road works - Wednesday run Barber Booth 7pm. 2.7.08

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Road works - Wednesday run Barber Booth 7pm. 2.7.08

Postby david tucker » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:00 am

The road from Macc to Kettleshume is closed by the Highwayman Pub, according to signs in Macc. This may affect travel to Wednesday's evening run from Barber Booth. Diversions are signposted but an alternative route may be better for you depending on your starting point.

I don't know if its back to normal by Wednesday so if anyone has more info, please post.

Leave earlier to arrive on time!
david tucker
Elite athlete

Postby thebunyans » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:37 am

Council website has it closed all week. Should stay that way, certainly makes Rainow quieter!
thebunyans
The Boss

Postby Stephen Watts » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:37 am

Sign going the other ways says the road is closed fom Kettleshulme, so the short cut through Bollington and the brick works might not work. From Macc its probably not too much longer going Cat & Fiddle, Buxton, Dove Holes and Sparrow Pit route. The other way is via Jenkin's Chapel and Windgather.

Think Julian is back today and he travels that route to work so should be able to update you all on Wednesday.
Stephen Watts
Mid pack runner

Postby thebunyans » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:22 pm

This link should show you the affected section....
http://maps.cheshire.gov.uk/roadworks/H ... spx?id=934
thebunyans
The Boss

Postby longshanks » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:51 pm

I have been enjoying the delights of this road closure to get to work all week. The road via Jenkins Chapel - Wingather is open to Kettleshume. Unfortunately it has been very busy during peak period with whole wagon trains passing on the narrow stretches. Possibly Goyt - Fernilee - Long Hill or even Buxton - Long Hill as alternatives. I had enough and luckily can cycle in for the rest of the week.

Cheers

Ewan
longshanks
Plodder

Postby Julian Brown » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:57 am

No probs cycling in this morning and would have easily got through in a car - there were just a few driving through - they're just doing ironworks (manhole covers drains and that) at the moment so I reckon you'd be OK.

Cyclists see a road closed sign as a challenge rather than an instruction anyway. The nearest I've been to getting caught out on a bike is where they had removed a 40 foot bridge over a river for replacement - even then one of the lads gave us a lift across much to his boss's disgust.
Julian Brown
Elite athlete

Postby phil cheek » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:16 am

Any chance of a lift this evening anyone?
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby LARRY » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:13 pm

Phil I intend to attend so can offer a lift will probably stay for one pint after as well. What time do you want picking up? With the obstacle course an all.

Larry
LARRY
Elite athlete

Postby phil cheek » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:59 pm

Larry,thanks,staying for a brief pint is good for me too.
Will 6pm from mine do it?I`ll make sure I`m ready a bit before that.
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby Dave Parry » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:07 pm

For those people who don't work at Zeneca but do a full days work, it is a rush enough to get to edale without having the added complication of closed roads so there is a small group running from Tegg's Nose bottom car park at 7:00pm. The route will be over Shut & Oakenclough (approx 1.5hrs) with post run refreshments at the St Dunstan Inn. All welcome ...
Dave Parry
Plodder

Postby LARRY » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:50 pm

Yep Phil will pick you up around 6 better bring a paclite judging from the deluge in Stoke at the moment.

Larry
LARRY
Elite athlete

Return to Fell Running