Club orienteering kit

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Club orienteering kit

Postby phil cheek » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:26 pm

The kit used last Wednesday is the club`s.I`ve just delivered it to Craig(well,the lovely Janet actually).
So, if anyone else is organising we now have a set of 20 Kites,clips,some of them with wires so they are pretty well theft-proof,and a set of punchcards.
If anyone needs to have more controls securely attached to trees,fences etc you`ll need to buy more wire,locking devices.
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby Beneficial Dictator » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:07 pm

Said kit will be kept in the loft space at the clubhouse at the track.
If anyone feels inspired by Phil's excellant efforts last week & would like to organise a similar future evening then let me know.
I will be organising a simple night event later in the evening possibly as a slight alternative to the street orienteering I have organised previously just prior to Xmas.
I also need to organise a navigation session to introduce those members who do not know what the little red needle on a compass does. A few folk have asked me to do this & the only way to get navigating cracked is to practice it. Hence it is my intention that we will have a few of these events every year.

Enjoy your Running
Craig.
Beneficial Dictator
Elite athlete

Postby phil cheek » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:56 pm

Craig,
Good idea about the training sessions.I`ve led a few of these in the past on adventure Racing training weekends.More than happy to manage/assist as required.
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Return to Fell Running