Congratulations Jon!

Moderators: Philip Barnes, Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Congratulations Jon!

Postby geofpet1 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:11 pm

Many congratulations to Jon Chapman who successfully completed the Paddy Buckley in 23hrs 20 with what I believe was minimalist support.
geofpet1
Elite athlete

Postby phil cheek » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:30 pm

Jon,that`s brilliant & if you had any of the weather we had in Cumbria even more so.We`ll look forward to a write-up of your day.
Even by Macc Harriers` standards this is turning into a summer to celebrate.
Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Postby Jon Chapman » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:05 pm

Yes I did the Paddy starting on Friday Morning in Capel. The weather and views were excellent until Snowdon when the rain and wind really started.

The Gldyders were a real challenge overnight (you cannot believe how slippy those rocks get when they are wet!! and even I said no to a jump from Adam to Eve!!)

The wind and rain continued for the Carneddau but I knew then that I had enough time and could just treat it like a KIMM challenge !!!

The rain stopped just before I got back to the pinnacle cafe so we could all have a relaxing time with tea, more tea and bacon butties !!!

Many thanks to Jon Mayne and Jonathan Bradshaw for the hill support (poor Jonathan got the challenging weather)

To my parents and brother and sister in law for the road crossings

And to Christine for helping me mastermind the attempt and cheering me in at the finish

And to Jasmine for the map. I had to do it first thing Sunday morning !!
Jon Chapman
Plodder

Postby Beneficial Dictator » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:45 pm

Very well done to Jon & team, another excellent minimalist effort.
The long distance performance bar has been raised somewhat this year by several club members !.
The rest of us are not worthy !.
Cheers.
Craig.
Beneficial Dictator
Elite athlete

Return to Fell Running