cheshire track league

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

cheshire track league

Postby nolan junior » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:44 pm

i feel touched to be the first the post a track and field related message..............

does anyone know if macc still do the cheshire league track, and when the first meeting is, as i seem to remember it being in mid april and i would quite like a run.

for those fell runners, the track is a redish coloured thing that is oval in shape, upon which you wear spikes (just like walshes but with a little sharper studs) and attempt to run a mile in quicker than 7mins (dad, i have used the word attempt) with no obsticles in the way (other than your hamstrings).

regards

nolan junior
ruud van nolan
nolan junior

Postby Nickolas Windybum » Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:45 pm

I can't answer the question but I do welcome one of our more far flung constituents to the forum. Ain't it sad that it takes someone in Sheffield to be the first (sensible) participant. Very good, but see me in my study regarding spelling.
etch their name with pride
Nickolas Windybum
Plodder

Postby Welsh Harrier (MC) » Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:52 pm

I thought my post was very sensible. Mind you the tracks round here would slow Nolan junior a wee bit especially as he's wary of obstickles. Wouldn't mind an early season mid-week thrash round a track so long as it's at least 3000m. That would get my MOJO working!! :twisted:
Welsh Harrier (MC)
Mid pack runner

Postby nolan junior » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:13 pm

Nickolas Windybum wrote:I can't answer the question but I do welcome one of our more far flung constituents to the forum. Ain't it sad that it takes someone in Sheffield to be the first (sensible) participant. Very good, but see me in my study regarding spelling.

When you've had an upbringing like mine its not surprising that my spelling is not up to standard. As a child i had to work under candle light and scrap for food. blame the parents, its a wonder at all i've turned out as well as i have.

There used to be a 3k welsh harrier, was hoping to do that to. i've had look round cheshire website but can't find a fixture list
ruud van nolan
nolan junior

Postby Nickolas Windybum » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:34 pm

That sounds like luxury to me - when I were a lad we had to make the candles from the left over dripping that came off the side of the toast.
And my dad used to make me and my brothers scour the slag heaps for coal at the Snipe Pit. That was all before I had to walk three mile to school in the dark on a winter's morning. On arriving at school - invevitably late - I would be met by the deputy head (Broadmoor wouldn't take him), who would thrash the living daylights out of me just, as he said to get warmed up for the day ahead.

So think on lad - aye think on.

Nikolas (from the bunker).
etch their name with pride
Nickolas Windybum
Plodder

Postby Welsh Harrier (MC) » Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:04 pm

Hi Ruud

http://www.deesideathleticclub.com/

has a fixture list of sorts. Open meeting next Sunday at Deeside includes a 3K. Also mentions Cheshire League dates. Deeside 28th May, Macc 18th June and so on. Lack of info doesn't really encourage new participants does it!

MC
Welsh Harrier (MC)
Mid pack runner

Postby Ruud van Nolan » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:17 pm

cheers martin, its in the diary!
Ruud van Nolan
Plodder

Postby phil cheek » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:13 pm

Ruud,
have you suddenly appeared `cos you`re surplus to requirements elsewhere & as uncle Alex won`t let you run on his nice grass you need to run on some red rubber?
Tuesday night is still track night & a number of us oldies can be seen trudging(Tucker & me) or flying(Raph) round

Phil
phil cheek
Elite athlete

Return to Track and Field