Young Athletes League 2012

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Young Athletes League 2012

Postby Nancy » Fri May 04, 2012 9:23 pm

The 1st round of the YAL is this Sunday in Salford. Best of luck to all Macc Harriers competing (and also those competing tomorrow in the Northern Mens/Ladies League). I'm abandoning my team and will be in Ravenglass for the seaquest - John competing, not me!
Nancy by name...
Nancy
Elite athlete

Re: Young Athletes League 2012

Postby Nancy » Tue May 08, 2012 10:26 pm

John did very well and came in 3rd solo kayak at Ravenglass, for which he received a bottle of wine and a kiss from Annette.

My U13 boys team was just Joshua on his own; I do hope that more boys (including my own) will be at round 2 in Macclesfield on Sunday 20th May!
Nancy by name...
Nancy
Elite athlete

Postby janet hatton » Wed May 09, 2012 11:55 am

In comparison the U17 Ladies had a full team (we only have 7) and produced some great performances, including some graded ones. Great result considering this is the first competition this season for many. Full report sent to Julian via the link from the website - hope he got it.
Most of the U17 Ladies have GCSEs starting in the next couple of weeks :shock: Good luck to all of them. Hopefully they will manage to sneak out for the next YAL at Macclesfield for a bit of fresh air and relief from revision.
janet hatton
Plodder

Postby Nancy » Sun May 20, 2012 10:03 pm

Today was round 2 here at Macclesfield and 7 U13 boys showed up and competed in all the U13B events :D
Impressive performances by all the team: Josh, Robert, Gavin, Callum, Rory, Robbie and Harry! Some new PBs put smiles on faces and rightly so 8) Also a big thanks to those boys who competed in events which were not their favourites.
Nancy by name...
Nancy
Elite athlete

Postby janet hatton » Mon May 21, 2012 10:06 am

Another good turnout by the U17 Ladies too despite pressures of GCSEs arriving thick and fast. Seasons best performances and pbs for some which was great. I am very proud of them for their commitment and taking the time to compete at such a busy time. It didn't rain and there was a suggestion of warmth now and again- hooray!
janet hatton
Plodder

Return to Track and Field