Macclesfield Harriers Blog!!!

Any suggestions for the website? Anything you don't like?

Moderators: Neil Gunn, Colin Ardron, Julian Brown, Nancy

Postby Colin Ardron » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:47 pm

"Colin - what happened to the draft report from the weekend?..."

Hmmm! to be honest I find the input of photos and text easy, but the formating is a frustrating business. It's not like Word or P/point is it? Eg I download first photo and accompanying text and you would expect that to come first when published. But no. it comes out last! Not very logical that. I can't seem to be able to move photos and text around. Is it me or is that a limitation of the blog system? So I got fed up and went onto drinking wine instead. Any suggestions welcome (on the Blog not the wine).
Colin Ardron
Elite athlete

Postby thebunyans » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:04 am

When you edit an article, there are two modes of entering content. One is "edit html" the other is "compose". Which one are you using? (notice the two tabs on top of the edit pane). If you use the compose one, which is a "WYSIWYG" editor, you can just drag photos around in the article. It is a bit annoying that when you add photos into an article they always go at the start and then you have to move them to where you want them.
thebunyans
The Boss

Postby thebunyans » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:11 am

I looked up this on this a bit more, and you can try this version of blogger instead....
http://draft.blogger.com
It looks as though if you use the compose mode in that version the pictures insert at the current position in your edits and there are more controls over the positioning (left, centered, text flow etc).
thebunyans
The Boss

Previous

Return to Web Site Comments